cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While generating the sap gateway project ( SEGW) , every time system generating new interfaces

hussain_p
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While generating the sap gateway project in SEGW , every time system generating new interfaces,

What is the reason for that &  How to stop ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hussain,

For every new project new artifacts with unique names are generated.

If its a same project which you are re-generating the artifacts again and again with some changes then already existing artifacts will be updated with new changes and no new ones are created.

What is your case here ?

Regards,

Ashwin

hussain_p
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Thanks for your reply

Iam re-generating same project only , for every re-generating action it's creating new interfaces in same project only.

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hussain,

New Changes are getting reflected in the newly generated artifacts ?

Can you please share the screen shot of the artifacts getting generated newly ?

Regards,

Ashwin

hussain_p
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

These are the runtime artifacts for my project.

at the time first generation i gave  IF_.........20 interface ,

next re-generating it's created IF_...........21 like it's creating new interfaces for every regeneration.

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Each and every time you perform changes to the project are you importing the same RFC again and again in SEGW for mapping under Service Implementation ?

Frame work creates an interface when we import RFC for Mapping Operations under Service Implementation.

When you perform some changes to the entities of the service and import the same RFC again and again, then i am strongly suspecting that it will create new versions of the same imported interface for each and every time service is re-generated. Hence same interface name with different numbering /version is getting generated every time artifacts are re-generated.

hussain_p
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashwin for your information

I am not doing any changes in project .

i am following below steps

project name---->Change Mode ------->Regeneration.

still it is creating new interfaces.

if these are versions i think name should be same and it should not create new interfaces for  every time.

hussain_p
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

This is hapening only for custom name spaces but not for Z...name spaces