Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSS - Password Parameter

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I currently configuring PSS for our old system which is a R/3 4.7 but when I tried to reset the password I am getting the following error message.

In back-end and GRC I already set the password to have one minimum special character.  Have also maintain GEN_PSW_MAX_SPECIALS in the table PRGN_CUST .

For ECC system I don’t encounter such problem .  

Is this due to the GRC support package or PSS with GRC10.1 would not work with 4.7 Environment . Checked the SAP Note 1666807 but since we have GRCPINW have V1000_620 level this can't be applied . 

Regards

Kumar

6 REPLIES 6

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Are you able to go into SU01 in 4.7 system and try the generate password button to see what happens? That is, do you get the same issue in SU01?

What did you set your GEN_PSW_MAX_SPECIALS value as in the 4.7 system? Also, what do you have for the RZ10 parameter login/min_password_specials. As per PRGN_CUST comments, SAP Note 662466 - SU01/SU10: Generated password contains special characters  has information about the configuration.

Am suggesting this as it might be local issue and not GRC

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Hi Collen ,

In SU01 I got the following password .

Since in 4.7 the parameter GEN_PSW_MAX_SPECIALS  does not exist I have implemented 1482619 - PRGN_CUST: Switches are missing from value help and set the value for GEN_PSW_MAX_SPECIALS  to 1 and tested up to 8 .  But no luck so far 

In login/min_password_specials we have set the following value 1 .

Regards

Kumar

0 Kudos

Hello,

This is not due to GRc system, password are generated on target system, based on profile parameter and PRGN_CUST settings.

Regards,

Prasant

0 Kudos

Hi Parasant ,

I have maintain the table PRGN_CUST with the following parameter

1. GEN_PSW_MAX_LETTERS = 8
  2. GEN_PSW_MAX_SPECIALS = 1
  3. GEN_PSW_MAX_DIGITS =1

In profile parameter for  login/min_password_specials the value is set to 1 .  As advised Colleen checked the note 662466  we have already have this note due to our support package .   In all other ECC and Netweaver version the PSS working only having this problem in my 4.7 environment thus i agree this might not be GRC problem should be the issue caused by back-end system . I will try to disable the parameter login/min_password_specials and test .

Regards

Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

By all means try but if that makes it work then I suggest to raise an incident with Marketplace as you're effectively reducing password strength to get GRC to work

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Hi Collen ,

Disabling the parameter GEN_PSW_MAX_SPECIALS indeed works but from security perspective this is not feasible thus decided not have 4.7 systems for PSS while SAP provide their feedback .

As usual thank you for you all for the feedbacks .

Regards

Kumar