cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman syscopy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi migrate experties,

I am planning to having sandbox solman 7.1, my current solman 7.1 runing aix and oracle 11.2 sandbox would be windows server 2008 r2 with oracle 11.2 if i do hetergenorous sys copy entire my prd solman 7.1 dual stack copy to sandbox do this method.If yes Kindly give feedback and guide points  for this task.Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi any expert ,

Assist to my issue do syscopy solman.thanks

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arul ,

Apologies for diverting from your current issue , But has to ask by just reading your first post .

Do you need to do a hetrogeneous system copy for the sandbox  ?

The answer depends on   

a ) Why do you need a sandbox system  for solution manager   .

b )  Is their a plan to move your production also to the new target ( OS and DB versions )

Is their any reason why you cannot install a fresh solution manager in sandbox .( Which is the same version as your production )

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Doing an Heterogeneous system copy (export/import) to create a Sandbox system is the way to go. The copy is like any other SAP copy but I recommend to disable released Jobs before doing the export (use report BTCTRNS1 to suspend and BTCTRNS2 to activata again after the copy). When disabling jobs in the source system, you make sure the Target system won`t try to run jobs in managed systems and let you to schedule only the Jobs you need in your Sandbox.

But remember to activate the Suspended Jobs at the Source system once you get the export done, otherwise your Productive Solman won`t do its job after the export.

Also, read this SAP note:

1797014 - System copy of a Solution Manager with a filled LMDB

That is a pre and post activies needed to get your LMDB and SLD connection in working order in the target system.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks your comment albert,  Can i know which guide should  use for syscopy since it is not ecc system may be different steps syscopy for solman system.if you have guide link do provide me.thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Guides you need are the normal SWPM and Solman Installation guides.

You probably has this already but this is the Doc area for Solman 7.1:

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=&_HIER_...

For the SWPM guide you need this:

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=0110003...

Please select you OS and selec ABAP + Java guide.

Be aware that Solman 7.1 is NW 7.02 so the SWPM software that you need is for 7.0X not 7.X

Once you execunte SAPINST you will be able to see a section for Solman 7.1 and there you should continue the copy process according to the guides and the Follow up activities.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Just start export prepration i am encounter error :

Process call '/sapmnt/sid/exe/R3load -testconnect' exits with error code 255. For details see log file(s) R3load.exe.log.). You can now:

R3load.exe.log:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /sapmnt/SM1/exe/R3load because of the following errors:

0509-150   Dependent module libclntsh.so could not be loaded.

0509-022 Cannot load module libclntsh.so.

0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

Kindly advice.thanks.

abhijeet_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

1. Which version of SWPM are you using. It should be 70SWPM* dump file.

2. Update R3TA, R3LDCTRL, R3LOAD program from the dump file.

3. If still an error share the screenshot of SWPM selection option.

Thanks

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

I am using  70SWPM10SP08 .

abhijeet_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

OK good. were you able to generate DBSIZE.XML file ?

Thanks

ABhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,is not generated .thanks

abhijeet_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Please generate it . its the initial step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

I choose step generate database size file by running r3szck.kindly advice .thanks