cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing Excersize - Size of BI reports by percentage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

While performing sizing excersize, How do you find size of type of reports and their percentage.  i.e Webi reports size and how many are large/medium/small?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either use best estimate or use some 3rd party tools to analze your environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,  How do you estimate? What does SAP considers small, and medium, and large, or is that all relative to sizes available?

I have already started to use windirstat to get these numbers.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if you look at this link for sizing guide. Size of the reports calculations varies across report types. Look at the document, how they calculated.

This sizing estimator is only for estimation purpose only, not a final. You need to size your environment based on your needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been using the sizing guide, but upon your suggestion, looked again.  There is no mention of this specific topic (i.e. how to determine/find size of different types of reports).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There was a a method to identify the complexity of the reports. Here is one of my reply for the similar question BO Reports Complexity Analyzer Tool: | SCN

Please note,  this is only our assumption only based on our experience, not necessarily adopted by everyone. Just use this a reference and try this on your own risk.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

How would you go about actually finding this information based on  your charts? We have about 40,000 + reports.

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should have a utility to parse all the reports and get the relavant information , something

like this  WID Scanner

former_member205194
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Good morning !

1) As we know that we do not any specific way to categorize a report as simple / medium / large & multiple factors go into that as pointed out by Manikandan,

2) What you can do is that you can consider all the reports as LARGE and check out the sizing.

Also, check if there is any major difference in the SAPS & GB estimation if you keep 50 % LARGE & 50% MEDIUM ?

3) With a landscape of 40000 + reports, I believe the deployment would be BIG and the complexity of the reports would not be making a HUGE difference.

4) Also, while you are sizing it is always recommended to size it BIG. You do not want to build a smaller environment & again think of beefing up the environment immediately in a couple of months. So, assuming all the reports to be LARGE should be a safe bet.

5) Let me know if your thoughts.

Regards,

Monish

former_member205194
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Let us know if the above helps.

Regards,

Monish