Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upload documents to Content Server repository folder

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

After the successful installation of the SAP Content Server for Windows (SAP Message 619668 / 2015), I was able to create a repository for the HTTP Content Server and passed all the connection, certificates and RSCMST report tests...

But now, I'm facing a new problem.

My client wants to be able to store documents in the SAP Content Repository and asks me how to do it? - I couldn't answer straight away, 'cause I really didn't know.

They want to be able to click in the button "Service for Objects" and Create Attachments in the Content Server repository I've created in the Windows Server instead of those same documents going to the SOFFDB sap tables as they are now, as I think it's the way that GOS archiving works, right?

After checking some SCN forum messages and checking SAP help doc "Configuring an HTTP Content Server for Documents in the Business Workplace" I did the following:

1. As I already had my Content Server HTTP repository setup and tested I proceed to tcode OACT and changed Category SOFFHTTP to point to it.

2. Then I went to tcode SKPR08 and set the new category of the class SOFFPHIO to be SOFFHTTP

But as I go and test the attaching of documents in the following transactions ( FB03 – Document Visualization,  IE03 – Equipment Exhibition,  IQ03 – S/N Visualization,   ME23N – PO's Creation, MIGO – Deliveries Reception and  VL03 – Deliveries Exhibition ) through "Services for Objects - Create Attachment" button and choosing one test.txt that I created for this purpose and then I go to "Services for Objects - Attachment List" and I can see that the attachment is there...

But I go to my Windows Server and check the repository folder and NOTHING HAPPENS!

So, I presume it's still attaching my document in a SAP table, I believe SOFFCONT1 ?

So can you help me? I'm out of ideas and info to do it.

I want to be able to archive my documents in my content server repository folder (R:\SAP\ContRep\Z_CSR_ED1). Can you help me please to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Kind Regards
JD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can goto OAC0 transaction and choose particaluar content repositary then upload the document .

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks Thomas Raja

But it seems that all my configurations were OK.

After I read the info about where KPro stores the documents, (sap note: 904711 - SAPoffice: Where are documents physically stored?), I got the answer.

The problem was that I was only testing the archiving of txt files, which as SAP say correctly, never get out of SAP soc3 table, for there is no need to do so, because they're so little size wise.

So, I went and try to upload, again via "Services for Document" "Create Attachment" some PDF, Excel and Doc files this time and "voilá", those docs were stores in my external content server repository folder

I was so happy , but my happiness didn't last long.

When you try to open the document directly in the external content server physical machine repository folder it gives you an error, saying that the file is corrupted and such... on the other hand, if you open the same document, from within the "Attachment List" of the "Service for Objects" it's all OK.

Why does that happen? Why can't we just open the doc directly where it's stored, from the repository physical folder? Is that an intended security measure?

Does that have to do with repository parameter security = 1 ? I changed it to = 0, but I'm getting the same error trying to open the files directly from the content server repository folder.

Is there another way to access the docs besides "Services for Object - Attachment List" ? A browser for Content Server docs of some kind?

Please help me!

Kind regards,

JD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JD,

There is t-code SCASEPS (records management system) that you can use to save your documents to Content Server. You can also view your documents there as well. It supports word, pdf, jpg etc type of documents. You'll have to do some initial config in SPRO.

regards,

Suraj