Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom fields in Task-List operations

former_member1341210
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking forward to add the custom fields in the task-list operations (Screen number :  3300/ 3400). Its a business requirement which can be catered only by having those custom fields in the task-list operations. Before posting the above requirement I tried below listed options which failed to cater my requirement:

1) CEWB_TSK_SCREENS : Screen Extensions for Task Lists in the EWB

2) Function Exits:

EXIT_SAPLCPDO_002 for transfering data to your own program
    EXIT_SAPLCPDO_003 for transfering data from your program to R/3

3) Screen areas:

SAPLCPDO2999_CUSTSCR1_SAPLXCN10500

4) Also explored user-exit CNEX0005

If anyone of you have attempted such development/ enhancement please share the experience. Also, let me know if such development/ enhancement is possible in SAP?

Many thanks!!

AJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member1341210
Participant
0 Kudos

I shall be closing the thread. We opted to handle the requirement using Z development where Task-list master will play a less significant role. Thanks Pete Atkin for adding a different dimension to address the requirement.

former_member1341210
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. I have been trying to avoid that. Any other thoughts on how can I achieve it? One of the ideas which clicked me is to maintain the Z-Table and cross reference the Group and group counter.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to store the data in either a Z table, or append the data to the PLPO table.

However, you still need a mechanism to allow the user to access these new fields.

In addition to the suggestions above, you could extend the Generic Object Services (aka service for object) functionality to include a new menu option. This would then allow the developer to display some form of table for your additional fields.

PeteA

former_member1341210
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pete, for giving me the lead. I shall work on it and will update the thread. Meanwhile, I started working on IAIH0001 - Customer-Enhancements for Tasklists. Only problem with this exit is - we can add custom fields on header and not on operations. Below snap shall help in understanding.

former_member1341210
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Below attached is the screen-shot of the Task-List operations (User-Data). I am looking forward to add the field.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AJ

There are no standard options to develop this screen and add additional fields.

If you really need new fields on this screen, then you will need to modify your system (not recommended).

PeteA

bartlomiej_lach
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajinkya!

Is it required to have in directly in screen 3300/3400. If not you can maintain some user fileds in SPRO

Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Maintenance Plans, Work Centers, Task Lists and PRTs -> Task Lists -> Operation Data -> Define User Fields.

You can define there 4 text fields, quantities, dates, checkboxes. As you can see in my case YPM0001 opes 3 text fields and 2 checkboxes

You can see it also in manu Operation -> User data

Regards

Bartek

former_member1341210
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I am already using the Field Key in the task-list. Do we have any other way ?

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's nothing else that I know of..

What about:

• Classification (header only)
  • PRTs
  • Preformatted long-text?

You could develop some extra fields that are accessed via the Generic Object Services (aka services for object).

PeteA

former_member1341210
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pete.

Classification is not that promising solution for the business. Other two are ruled out.

Meanwhile we are exploring other options. I shall update the thread once I achieve it.

@All Experts: You can update the thread if you have come across such requirement.

Thanks!!