SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying company code in Business partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have created one BP with one contract account. And contract account has been mapped to" Y" company code with "XYZ" as company code group.

In the organizational settings, i have mapped for "XYZ" company code group, the paying company code is "X".

linked "X" and "Y" company code to company code group "XYZ"

Now while i am trying to process refunds for customers that belongs to "Y" company code through "Y" house banks and payment method update by t-code: FPY1, system is prompting that the paying company code is "X", and house bank of "Y" is not mapped in company code "X".

So, my concern over here is can i make any setting in BP or contract account level with paying company code as "Y", so that this can overwrite the config that has been made at company code group which states that paying company code is "X" .

Request you to please help me with your suggestion, on how to meet this requirement.

Thanks

Aditya

1 REPLY 1

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Going through your post, I guess, you want to have the refunds processed for company code 'Y' in company code 'Y' itself.

Step-1-Define 'Y' as a paying company code and assign 'Y' paying company code with the same in SPRO-->Financial Accounting-->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-->Organizational Units--->Define Company Code Groups

So the existing entry that is there is XYZ---Y-----X. Apart from the existing one, the new entry that will be inserted will be XYZ-----Y-----Y

Step-2-Now in SPRO--->Financial Accounting-->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-->Business Transactions--->Payments-->Incoming/Outgoing Payment Creation-->Define Specifications for Paying Company Code

Enter a new paying company code as Y and put only the refund payment method under the same.

And do the other payment confirgurations, say posting area 1061.

Step-3-In the bank selection of FPY1, put Y as paying company Code and then exeute FPY1 for the CA which belongs to Y.

I think your issue will be resolved.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan