cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

work manager ESRI map zoom level (wpf)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to load the map and objects into the ESRI map in Work Manager WPF client.

However, I found I cannot zoom further to see the details of my object (it is a line, or poly).

Is it a limitation from ESRI or some configuration that we missed?

Thanks.

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

The delivered WM config has a slight glitch for the street base map. Look in the Client Globals and you will see that 3 of the 4 basemap URLs have the server name "services.arcgisonline.com" whereas the street URL is "sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com". You need to change sampleserver6 to services.

Michael

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Michael,

I believe that was done intentionally in order to have a map that supports offline mode.  The downside is that it doesn't support the zoom to the street level.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Thanks for the answers.

And also as it only allows you to cache one base map, we may need to choose it wisely.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's a limitation on the basemap, if you can pick the topo one you can reach higher zoom in. Also since these are OOB param you many need to check with your client of what basemap they are using internally.

Cheers

Fouad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like the World Street Base Map does not provide enough zoom level.

If I switch to topo or satellite, I am able to see the details.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Correct.  Each base map you use defines the zoom level supported as well as if it is cachable or not for offline use.  You will need to find a different base map with a better zoom.

--Bill