cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No valid selection has been chosen when loading SDP DB Alerts from Alert Monitor

former_member568621
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When loading Alerts from alert monitor to SDP94, I get this message

"No Valid Selection has been chosen"

Message SDP119

I couldn't land any help here. The selection shows valid characteristics. All I see in addition is the char 9APLOBJC with value of something like TMP0000000000000xx

Existing alerts are fully deleted and regenerated

No selection is specified in alert profile.

No cross aggregation evaluation is checked in alert profile

Please advise is going wrong here.

Thanks

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

I hope you are getting his error while you are accessing SNP alerts?

I could be you have issue with aggregates. Are you have this issue when you are accessing the alerts for the first time or it use to work correctly earlier.?

It could be some new transport has brought to respective system which might have disturbed the setting.

You can check/correct the data on development and try to bring new transport to respective system.

I hope this will fix your issue.

Thanks

Amol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

These are just a few pointers to troubleshoot the issue -  "No Valid Selection has been chosen"

Based on my experience Selection table (S Table) which usually has name like /1APO/S**000**. To find the S table name in your system,  you can access table /SAPAPO/TSAREATE, for your planning area, you can find in the field SELTAB the name of the table containing the single selections, it starts with '/1APO/S'. This is a selection table and gets created for individual planning area in system.  Read the selection id which has flag "A" (Alert Monitor)  This is the table from which gets the details of Agg levels/selections for which alert is generated. Besides you can try these SE38 programs to access selection from that table -  /SAPAPO/MCPSH_GEN_SELTAB_SE16 and /SAPAPO/MCPSH_GEN_SELTAB_MGM Please check content of this table too -  /SAPAPO/AM_ALERT.

Also please refer existing thread on similar issue - .

Please let me know what you find.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member568621
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank Amol and Satish,

These are SDP DB alerts (=DP mainly).

This is a bit weird but it appears like Alerts are not deleted despite the deletion programs of all kinds that exist are run. I wish I could delete them at a table level using sledge hammer.

Anyway this issue got magically fixed when I imported a new alert profile with new selection ID's (same masala inside) from source. For double safety I erased all goddamn alert profiles in the target. Erased without a trace.

Let SAP own the burden of explaining this magic to tortured souls. I don't care. It is working now. So I will claim to have solved the problem worth no more attention than 1 hour or 100 dollars whichever is les

Do not tell this secret solution to anyone :-).

Thanks

Amit.