cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter on function import

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a function import - Get implementation and would like to implement filtering on the attributes of entity. How do I implement it ?

Is is possible to achieve this functionality ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Function Imports will have parameters.

Entity sets will have filters.

So Function Imports cannot have filters, but same functionality can be achieved using input parameters.

Do you know why are you specifically looking for filter? and not parameters?

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a list returned by oData service which is bounded to an SAPUI5 table at front-end. This list is returned by an function import as the data required to build the list is very complicated and it requires input parameter which are not part of the entity.

In order to implement sorting or filtering on the UI5 table (odata model) I need to implement filtering at function import level. How to solve this issue ?

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soujanya,

Please check this blog of DJ Adams The experimental Client operation mode | DJ's Weblog

This explains a new feature in OData Model which enables client side filtering and sorting instead of traditional server side in case of Odata model.

Regards,

Ekansh

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is exactly what I was looking for. I tried to solve this by using json model and populating my json model using ajax calls.

Somehow I missed this detail in SAP documentation but the blog nails it down. Sometimes extra network call associated with odata model is not required if the filtering has to happen for the data which is already present on client side.

Answers (0)