cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an order with reference to a quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus

I am creating an order with reference to a quotation and then rejecting the order.

Now when i am trying to create a new order with reference to the same quotation i get an error message.

what configuration is required to a create a new order with the same quotation

Regards

zahid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just delete the SO line. Imagine you rejected it, then created another order and then removed rejection reason. What would happen? Your quotation would be "over-referenced". That's exactly why the message says "copied or rejected". Just don't use rejection reason - it makes no sense in this scenario.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The issue is resolved,

We had to delete the qnty at the line item level to free up the qnty and then reject it again.

we could create the sales order with reference to the same quotation.

The issue can be marked as closed

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

zahid anwar_sd wrote:

The issue can be marked as closed

Sorry, zahid, SCN is not a help desk and we don't have assistants here to handle our posts, unfortunately, so I'm afraid you'll have to do it yourself - see this blog.

Glad to hear this was resolved.

ajmal_siddiqui
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid,

Please advise if you were able to solve your issue. If yes, what was the solution?

Also, don't forget to close this discussion.

Thanks,

Ajmal Siddiqui

ajmal_siddiqui
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid,

Have you checked the header level setting at copying control in VTAA? Please check if you have field "Complete Reference" marked.

Regards,

Ajmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajmal

No the Completion Rule for the item category is Blank in my configuration.

Regards

zahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi so i am getting this error when trying to create a new order with reference to a quotation after the previous orderi created  has been rejected.

How to tackle this and also even though i have rejected the previous order it still shows as complete.

ajmal_siddiqui
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid,

As mentioned in my post earlier, please check field "Completion rule" in the settings of item category. I believe you have "A" for this field.

Thank,

Ajmal

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the item category of the quotation in t.code VOV7.

The field completion rule must be carrying value A now. So you may need to change to B or C.

After changes, create a new quote/order and test.

Regards,

ajmal_siddiqui
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid,

Can you please check the field "Completion rule" in the settings of item category? As Shiva has suggested, please share the error message.

Thank you,

Ajmal

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide as much as information as possible. What is the error message reads? Can you put the screen shot of it?