cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Number syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a challenge where I am trying to import all existing SAP R/3 Material number to MDM in a field say "Mat_num" .However after this importing process I would like to change this Mat_num field to type as auto_id so that for new Material number it can generate the sequence number in MDM which can be syndicated to R/3 system.

I have tried calculated field for "Mat_num" but importing can't be done to it.

The alternate is to use BAPI and continue to generate Material number in R/3 and bring the number back to MDM after its generation in R/3. I am trying to avoid this route and looking for a simple solution.

Some of you must have gone thru this process and let me know your thought please on this issue.

Appreciate your feedback

-reo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reo ,

In our project , we have 2 diff fields . one is <b>Local Material ID</b> which is nothing but material number of R/3 Sys imported normally . Another is <b>MDM Material ID</b> whic is <b>auto-id</b> field .

We are using <b>MDM Material ID</b> to syndicate out back to R/3 system .

Pls let me know if this helps ,

- An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply ,

My client does not want duplicate Material_num for the obvious reason.

Is there any way one can switch the field type after importing thru archieve/unload repository and make changes to the field type and load back the repository?

Thanks again

-reo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reo ,

I guess it doesnt allow to change after loading . It grayed it out . For text types , it allowed to change to TextNormalised .

Hope this helps a little ,

- An

Answers (0)