cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging Messages HCI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a more efficient way to merge different messages together in HCI than using a "multicast" then "join" and finally a "gather"

The problem I have if I just run the iFlow sequentially is that when I come to the Message Mapping. It seems to only way to do the message mapping is by gathering first to create the multimap envelope around the two messages.

Am I mistaken, is there another more efficient way of taking two messages and mapping to one.

Just for clarity I am talking about the steps leading up to the message mapping itself.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Yes this is correct, the envelope is required. The difference between XI, PI, PO and HCI is that with the former the wrapping of the envelope is implicit and is taken care of automatically. With HCI you need to define a step before the message mapping to create this wrapper.

At the moment the process needs to go through a multicast pattern followed by a join and then a gather. I was just wondering if there was a more efficient way. Once the wrapper is there the standard mapping is ok.

Thanks

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

AFAIK, multi mapping should have the envelope in XI, PI , PO and HCI (I guess).

Please check 'Note' section of Multi-Mapping using Java Mapping - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<sm:Messages xmlns:sm="http://sap.com/xi/XI/SplitAndMerge">

<Message1> <MT_type>Payload1</MT_type> </Message1>

<Message2> <MT_type>Payload2</MT_type> </Message2>

<Message3> <MT_type>Payload3</MT_type> </Message3>

</sm:Messages>