Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT ABAP logic---->Filtering Data

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

pardon if my question found you bit annoying.

Actually I am trying hands on SLT and writing ABAP code to delete all the records from my Ztable where SPRAS <> 'E'.

I have written my code in 'IUUC_REPL_CONTENT'.I can see my DMS been updated and its been pretty different.

here it goes what I am trying to do.

In BOL,,I have deleted all the records as below..But still I am getting all the records.

DELETE <it_s_ZTEST66> WHERE SPRAS <> 'E'.

I have also used BOR, and SKIP all the records where SPRAS <> 'E'.

if <wa_s_ZTEST66>-SPRAS <> 'E'.

SKIP_RECORD.

ENDIF.

Then after that I go in my SLT, stopped replication and deleted the table and repliacte or LOAD again but my transformations are not working.

Kindly advice. Am i missing anything?

Br

Sumeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumeet,

Tried your delete statement, but it doesnt work.

BOR code will work in your case. I have tried it successfully for many tables in my case.

From your image, I noticed that your status for BOL is set to "NEW" .

Please try with your BOR/BOL record for skipping the records but, while doing that, please set your status to 'RELEASED' instead of 'NEW'. refer to my sample image.

Let us know if it works or not.

Regards,

Saritha K

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me the importance of these keywords? Like NEW released etc?

Sorry I cannot test it right  now...But will get back to you..Thanks for your reply.

Br

Sumeet

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are three values-

NEW- set by default when you create a new rule

RELEASED-In order to view the import parameter fields, a rule must have the status Released

i.e In order to reflect your transformation code during replication, you need to set it to this status.

OBSOLETE- as the name suggests, when you do not want the rule to exist, set this status.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Saritha K

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

Thanks it worked.. But I just want to know that when 'NEW' has to be used? can you give me some example and explain?

Br

Sumeet

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumeet,

You try creating a rule. By default it will have a status of 'NEW'. System sets it by default.

in practical, if you right any code and if it has new status, it will not be reflected in any replication activity.

so as such, NEW is just the initial case. cannot be used in any replication activity as such.

Hope am able to clear your doubt.

Regards,

Saritha

Answers (0)