cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update the picking quantity inside of Outbound Delivery in mass for warehouse without WMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, I needs a help.

I works for a Global Company where I am helping with improvement operations process inside of a Warehouse without WMS, only IM/MM Level. the problem is that we have that update in mass the Pick Quantity field in the outbound deliveries. Actually we don't have a solution for it and other point is that we can't create a development for fix this issue. Now, I am trying work with Excel VBA for try create a program where fills this field in mass.

My question is: Do you knows other way where will be possible update in mass of the pick quantity in this field (Pick/stock quantity in sales units ) inside of the outbound delivery? Anybody knows which the way for start the Excel VBA for challenge this?

The our stock in little but the volume of  outbound delivery is biggest.

I will appreciate your help

Hugs

Fúlvio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to elaborate a bit on the business scenario and what are you trying to achieve exactly. Is this a one-time update or are you trying to build some kind of interface? Where would you get the pick quantity information? And why can't you do custom development inside SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena, thank you for your return. In fact, this should be on time update inside the outbound delivery in the pick quantity field. As we have more the 300 deliveries by day, the user needs access the outbound deliveries in the VL02n transaction to press the batch split icon line by line and fill the quantity in this field. Now, I am working in create an Excel VBA program for try fill this field in mass. This design was a global template design, now we are trying convince that this development is necessary for this moment and other point is that we don't have a prediction for implementation of the WMS.

thank you again, I appreciated your answer. hugs

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, so now there is batch involved. Plot thickens.

The thing is - how exactly are you going to use Excel to update SAP? The best you can do is to call some SAP function. But it'd more secure and easier to maintain if you just write an ABAP program for that. ALV grid looks pretty much like Excel anyway.

It's not a matter of changing global template, it's a matter of providing more convenient interface to the users for the data entry. We also have batches and we do have a custom program to help the users with mass data entry. Even SAP realizes GUI is not great. So I don't see any design conflict here.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another way to pick automatically non-wm deliveries based on some criteria:

• It is possible to create a delivery item output type and assign it to the delivery procedure (make sure that you check the picking status, wm relevance etc. in the requirement for the output). You can get the program, form routine and form from the output type EK00 in transaction V/38. Put some good sequence for your new output type, create condition records with value 4 for dispatch time. Or schedule it as a job  - also works.
  • The other option is to schedule VL06P with a good variant.
  • Or you can configure picking list output type in SPRO->Enterprise structure->definition->logistics execution->define shipping point. Output type is EK00.
Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with VL10P

G. Lakshmipathi