cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Row Store Tables of SAP not shown when creating views in HANA Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HANA Master's,

I have requirement to create a HANA Calculation view on SAP standard table "TBTCO", but in HANA studio i am not able to see this table because it have a storage type as "ROW STORE", i googled it but did not find any other way to use this table in my HANA views, please provide me an alternate way to use "Row Store Tables" in development of my views.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

CA views supports row tables, I checked and its working for me. What's the HANA version you are using?

Regards,

Chandu.

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Correct me If i am wrong. can we use row based tables in our all information views( like attribute,analytical and calculation view)? I think we cannot use row tables,only column ones can be used in the same.

Br

Sumeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for your quick reply,I am using HANA Studio 2.0.8, i am not able to use standard row tables, you can take an example of table "TBTCO", do you know any alternative method to use row tables in creating an attribute view.

0 Kudos

Hi Sumeet,

Hana Studio will not allow you to attribute views on Row store tables. It will only allow you on column store tables.

You can create analytical and calculation views on row store tables also .

If you want to  change the Row store Table to column store and then You can build Hana views on top of it.

Alter Table <Schema name>.<Table Name> COLUMN

Thanks

Kala

Thanks

Kala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandrakala,

I am able to use row table in my calculation view,

But there is one more confusion,

when i am trying write Alter statement in my sql editor it's giving me an error.

ALTER TABLE AKHAN_SCHEMA.TBTCO COLUMN

Please help me to solve this issue also.

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumeet,

We can use row tables in Calculation views only, Attribute and Analytic views don't support row tables.

As Kala stated, we can switch table as row/column. Syntax for changing tables is as below.

Row to Column Table:

ALTER TABLE <SCHEMA>.<TABLE> ALTER TYPE COLUMN;

Column to Row Table:

ALTER TABLE <SCHEMA>.<TABLE> ALTER TYPE ROW;

Regards,

Chandra.

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kala,

To my knowledge only Calculation views support row store tables. Are you sure of creating Analytic views on row table and did you succeed in doing that? If yes, which version does that support?

Regards,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I used the syntax which you have mentioned, but still i am getting the same error please check.

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

It works well for me, can you open table definition from the schema.

Regards,

Chandra.

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Row store tables are supported only in Calculation Views. Attribute and Analytic views cannot be created on row store tables.

Regards,
Chandra.

Answers (0)