cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Workflow - aggregation logic for notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we have put in place a workflow for the Purchase Requisition approval process that is currently notify with one e-mail for each purchase requisition to approve.

The client is requiring to optimize the mumber of emails sent through an aggregation logic leveraging on, for example, material group or vendor.

Is it possible to apply easily a similar logic? If yes what are the steps / objects to build?

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions.

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Extended notifications let you send single mails for multiple work items. You can set it up to send a mail at specific intervals or time of day.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike for the suggestion.

So I can collapse different work items in one mail by intervals of time.

Is there the possibility to group also for other dimensions in addition to the  timeline?

For example. Can I group all the workitems created in an interval of time and for a specific vendor?

Or can I group all the workitems created in an interval of time and for a specific material group?

Thanks

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course, everything is possible given enough time and resources

Extended Notifications allows you to replace their components, so you can copy and develop your own delivery schedule plugin. Be aware this won't be a simple job if it's the first time working with Extended Notifications. It's very nicely designed in a modular fashion, but takes a lot of experimenting and debugging to understand the inner workings. For someone with reasonably good ABAP OO skills I'd suggest setting aside at least 2-3 days to get to grips with it from scratch to a level of writing your own modules.

Regards,

Mike

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So you want to send mail based on material group and vendor to specific user.

If yes and if you used the standard workflow   20000077,  then create a Rule using FM  EXIT_SAPLEBNF_001 to implement your  logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anjan, yes I'd like to collect email based on some aggregator (for example Material Group or Vendor).

Today the approver receive one email for each single PR he has to approve

Tomorrow He should receive one mail related to all the PRs that he has to approve for a certaing Material Group / Vendor.

It's just to not spam to the director email and to have email with groups of PRs to approve.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance