Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Geo Map coloured according to dimension rather than measure

business
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

We have a requirement to display a map of the world where every country is coloured according to the salesperson assigned to it. So, for example, if Australia and Malaysia are both assigned to Satya both should be red, and Canada, UK and India which are assigned to Bethany should be blue.

Using the default maps supplied with Lumira it seems that you can only display country colours according to a measure and Lumira then decides which colours to apply to which ranges. So, for example if we create a measure for each salesperson and Satya=1, Bethany=2, Francois=3... Maria=11, Lumira will decide that countries Salespeople 1-3 should be displayed in one colour and 4-6 another etc.

Ideally we would like to be able to colour countries according to dimension values (John's countries blue, Bethany's green etc) but as a workaround we can create a measure for each salesperson, but in this case we need a distinct colour for each different value (1=Blue, 2=Green, 3=Red etc and not 1-3=Red, 4-6=Green etc).

Any ideas? Do we have to create our own component?

Regards

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Richard - you could look at doing conditional formatting - see below  - assuming you are using Lumira Desktop 1.28.2

That should control the colors

business
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

I believe the rule editor is not available for Geomapping.

I'm using 1.25.1, which was the latest version available for 32 bit clients 3 weeks ago.

Richard

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard -

You are right - the geo won't work with conditional formatting.

it has been a while since I've been on 1.25

Only thing I could think of is to right click on the legends and play with the color "hues" - see below:

Answers (0)