cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of SolMan Alerts with ServiceNow

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like to find a way of integrating SolMan 7.1 Alerts with ServiceNow that does not involve configuring the Incident Management component.  Right now, SolMan alerts generate emails for critical alerts that we have defined which go to the ServiceNow email ingester and create a SN incident.  This isn't ideal because some incidents will continue to generate emails until they are completed/resolved. I see a lot of documentation/links on using various 3rd party apps that provide the integration points, and also the SAP whitepaper for integrating SolMan 7.0 using web services.  But that, too, is predicated on having Service Desk (now Incident Management) set up.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Answer is yes it is possible to achieve ur requirement and its much easy to do rather than the entire service desk integration

so  for an alert in solman you can create a ticket in 3rd party ..using a BADI check below

Alert Consumer BAdI Interface - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

jan_kotrc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm looking for more hints how to set-up this integration. We would like to integrate SOLMAN with SNOW without using SOLMAN Incident Management.

I can see that i have to use BADI_ALERT_REACTION, but how does it work?

1. First step is to set up Auto Reaction for alerting in solman_setup - OK.

2. Second step is to use BADI_ALERT_REACTION to call a WebService - Where? Our own developed WebService on SOLMAN, or a WebService on ServiceNow? , If so, how can i put URL for that WebService to work with BADI_ALERT_REACTION?, Where is the configuration, what should be triggered, if i have Auto Reaction set for alerting?

Best Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

is this clear enough ...?

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member

Hi David,

As prakhar mentioned you can use a 3rd party badi. In one of my implementation, We had used the Alerts were forwarded to the CA-SOI as an SNMP Traps and then further pushed to Service now for raising an incident.

The de-duplication was carried out at CA-SOI end so that duplicate alerts are not sent.

This Setup was without setting up Service-desk environment in Solman.

Regards,

Ram