cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer time to Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Gurus,

I am trying to transfer cost of hrs entered in CAT2 to the project.  I can see time in CATDB and CATCO, but when I execute tcode CATA, I get error No records for transfer to PS.  Are infotypes 2001 and 2002 needed to be able to transfer cost of hrs to the project?

Thanks

Shirley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken, but there are no networks for these projects and there are no activities for the WBS.  There are only project definition, 1 LVL1 WBS and multiple LVL2 WBS elements.  Personnel can charge time to the LVL2 WBS elements.  Confirming the labor hours worked on the WBS element is done using CAT7.

Thanks again for everyones help.  I found the answer that I needed.

Shirley

Former Member
0 Kudos

After further research, tranferring cost to PS is related to network, not a WBS.  For time entered for network, when cost was transferred, I can see entry in the CATSPS table, but not for cost for WBS.  I used CAT7 to transfer cost to CO.  After that, I was able to seen cost against project WBS using CJI3 tcode.  If my research is not accurate, please explain how to changed the CATS target compoment to for WBS.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Transfer to PS posts confirmations against the network activity or WBS.  The transfer to CO transfers your costs.  In CATA you should check both CO and PS.

Do you see confirmations on the network?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.  Approving time is turned on and I can see that time has been approved using tcode CADO.  I can see the time entry details and target component has CO checked, which must be the default.  I need to see where that is getting set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.  I understand that CATS is a cost transfer.  I am transferring cost to a project.  I see the sender cost center and activity type is set up.  CATA worked for some previous transfers that I have done.  Now it is no longer working.

I have check everything that you all have suggested and it is still not working.

:-(!

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can "stand" on the line in CAT2 and select from the menu Goto > Detailed time Data (and share that screen - hope nothing confidential is there).

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are not seeing anything in CATA to transfer, do you have time entry approval turned on?  If so, are the time entries approved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your response.  Paulo, where can I check for the account assignment for PS?

Shirley

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

Just because some data can be derived indirectly or with enhancements the best place to check the real data is from CATSDB table. You can search it with SE16 based on Personnel number, next pay attention to sender and receiver fields. You should be able to find Cost center/Activity type as sender and also Receiver(s).

Paulo

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Think of it this way:

A CATS timecard entry is really a cost transfer entry from one cost object to another.  In a CATS entry there is a sender and a receiver.  For internal labor the sender is generally the persons home cost center and activity type and the receiver is whatever they are charging.  It looks like you are charging either a WBS or a Network Activity.

Paulo is asking what is the receiver object.

For the sender look in the HR Record Info Type 0315

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

For the sender there are indeed many options. It can be defaulted from IT 0315 as you said, it can be defaulted from a Work center/operation on a work order or network activity, it can be entered manually in CAT2, can be derived through enhancement.

For any issue with KP26 there will be an error message at saving the time sheet, that cannot be the reason for missing Controlling document.

Paulo

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at the Sender side of the CATS entry.  That is the home cost center and activity type, then check that rate with KP26.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

No need for Info types 2001/2002. What is your PS account assignment - WBS or NWA?

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shirley,

One most common reason for this error is not maintaining activity type in SAP PS activity

There are already few Solutions mentioned for such Problems in the below links

Please refer it and come back if you still have issues

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1351887#

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1926978

Hope they are helpful

Regards

Vittal