cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

input controls and Visualizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have a visualization act as an input control for another one in a Story?

I would like to click a value in a visualization and have another one, in the same page, react accordingly.

For example, I click the March 2015 bar in the Column Bar chart (top chart), which shows Some_Value/Month&Year.

As expected, the Popup shows some information (Month and Nb) for March 2015

Now, I would like that the Bar Chart (bottom chart), reacts showing the Some_Value/SomeDimensions but ONLY for the Month I just clicked in the upper chart, March 2015.

How can I achieve this?

Should I implement an extension which would include the two charts visualisation plus the logic or is there a way to create a generic extension/plug-in which would add this logic to the "Compose tab" interface?

or ... none of the above would work, and I just have to post an idea in the Idea Place?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ivy,

In fact I am aware of the filtering functionality you are mentioning

but from a workflow point of view what you are suggesting is a workaround:

you suggest to apply a filter to the full page ...

What I am asking for is the possibility to apply a filter to all the visualizations of the pages EXCEPT the one I am currenly on (to keep on having a global view) ...

0 Kudos

This is already available in Story since 1.25. For example, in your above column chart, you click on March 2015, on the pop up window, choose filter, then this chart will show you info about March 2015. The other charts (the bottom bar chart) in the same story page will also update accordingly. You can test this feature in story preview mode.