cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check and ATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

I am facing a problem in solving a scenario regarding credit check. We are using status profile (approval system) where availability check is done after sales order is approved. Now we are applying credit check in the system where we want that sales order should not be confirmed until VKM3 is performed then after approval system will perform. Also i have used both simple & automatic credit check but no results.

Explaining my problem which i am facing at present, the time we approve the sales order it releases the sales order from credit check also & will allow to perform ATP check in sales order change (VA02) also it shows the status "Approved" in credit status in header. When i use simple credit check, the field VBUK-CMGST always remain empty. Though it gives the warning message of 'amount exceeds of X Rs' during sales order creation and on saving the order and in sales order change, when we check the schedule lines the confirm qty is zero but if we perform ATP check again & after saving the order (VA02) then the ATP qty won't get zero in schedule lines. So how can i solve the problem also how can i use credit check along with status profile ? Pls help asap.

Thanks & Regards

Deven

Discussion subject title was edited by Moderator: Jyoti Prakash - Please use precise and meaningful subject title to represent your discussion.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

did I understood you correctly: your requirement is not to run ATP check automatically after credit release? If yes, then there are at least two options:

• this note might help you stop ATP confirmation at credit release: 541135 - ATP check after credit release. It is quite risky to go with this approach, so please use it only as a last resort.
  • set delivery block with confirmation block either in VOV8 for all relevant document types or for all customers that should go through this procedure. Do not forget to assign the blocking reason it to the delivery type as well. In VKM4 the users will release the order from credit, but at order save the confirmed quantity will be reset to zero. At receiving the last approval for the order, you will need to remove the delivery block. If you use workflows for approval - this is not very difficult to be done, if not, then probably you need to add some code in mv45afzz and clear the delivery block based on user status.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaselina,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually my requirement is that in sales order change (VA02), confirmation of line items of sales order should remain zero until sales order is released through VKM3. Right now in sales order change, when i check the line items confirmed qty,  it is zero then if i perform atp check then it confirms the qty of line items and on saving the order again the confirmed qty remains there for the line items also it doesn't give the credit limit warning. This should not be done until i release the order in VKM3.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which credit check have you finally decided to use - simple or automatic (you mentioned problems when setting up both types of checks)?

You have not specified what exactly you have set up in OVA8 (when testing automatic credit check) or what settngs you set on OVAK for simple credit check (screenshots can help a lot when you are explaining).

In case of simple credit check - do you use any kind of delivery block( customer master, sales order type, manual in the document)? If yes, post screenshots of the settings for delivery block 01 and also in case there is some other delivery block set in the order - post the settings for this one as well.

For dynamic credit check:

What do you see in FD33 for the credit account that you use for test purposes? Any messages (even if they are green)?

Please post a screenshot of the result of check_cm program for the order that you are trying to block.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i want it in simple credit check, if possible. Also we are using delivery block too in one sales order type. Delivery block is also removed during sales order change. Is it possible through simple credit check with other configuration settings ? Screenshots are given below.

Screenshot for ova8

Screenshot for delivery block.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For a given sales order type you can have either automatic or simple credit check activated, or none. You cannot use automatic and simple credit check. The setting for an order type whcih type of check should be used is done in OVAK.

OVA8 is for settings related to the automatic credit control.

Let us assume for the present that you use simple credit check (SAP does not recommend since automatic credit check is superior in functionality). You can activate simple credit check to be with warning and delivery block or only with warning, or with error, but you want to save the order, so we skip this option. If you use simple credit check with delivery block (option C), SAP uses a hardcoded delivery block 01. It is very important what settings you have there in Define reasons for blocking in Shipping for 01 (you need confirmation block to be set and to have the delivery types assigned to this blocking reason). It seems you are also using another delivery block (either from customer master, or from order configuration, or you have set it manually. I have no idea what is the setup for 99, because you did not mention if it has confirmation block. You should not use simple credit check combined with other delivery blocks, because simple credit checks relies on delivery block 01 to operate properly.

In your case it would be much easier for you to set up automatic credit check for all relevant orders. With automatic credit check you can use any additional delivery block as per your business process, because quantity confirmations depend on the routine in OVB8 and with 101 you have a check for CMGST = B.

If you go with automatic credit check:

Regarding OVA8 screenshot - why you are using update group 000015 instead of 000012? Aren't you supposed to work on sales order level for this process?

Please post a screenshot with the result of check_cm for a saved order that you have problems with blocking the quantities (after you have configured the order type to be used with automatic credit check).

Former Member
0 Kudos

My apologies for giving wrong statement in my last reply. Actually i want it in static credit check under automatic credit control. And 99 is the copy of credit limit block (delivery block). And for only confirmation block.

screenshot for delivery block -

Can i control my problem by writing the abap code in OVB8 '101' routine ?

Regarding update group 000015, it is already defined at the time of implementation for credit control area. Also i tried and configured a new credit control area for 00012 but i didn't get the results. It was not working. Was it a good idea to configure a new credit control for order control ?

Also what does 'Max.open.item %' mean in automatic credit control ? I don't have a clear cut idea regarding this option.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I still do not understand why you use update group 000015 - when you have 000012 and the transaction is not relevant for 000012, the system switches to the next possible update group, for example 000018. You can set the update group in v_t014.

It is hard to say why the setup for your new credit control area did not work without going through all the assignments that you performed and check the master data. Program check_cm is a very easy way to see what exactly is going on, because it shows you the relevant assignments and S066/S067 values.

Please post the result of check_cm for your document for credit control area with 000012 update group- all the info that you get there for your order.

Update group 000015 works with open delivery value and open billing values, but you set a check for open order value. This will not work, because unless the credit limit is previously exceeded, the order will not be blocked.

Max open item % is used when you check for open items, which are overdue (you have not activated it in OVA8). Percentage of overdue open items older than number of days specified in nodays openI field - should not go higher than this value, otherwise the order is blocked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all million thanks for all the replies you have made . Secondly, lemme try for group 000012 again and if i fail then i'll let you know through check_cm program and program check_cm will surely helpful for me, i must say. Thanks Veselina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

I have configured the update group 000012 and it is working ok also Dynamic check is working fine but i want the amount exceeds warning message ( Credit limit amount exceeds by 'X' amount) of simple credit check in dynamic check too. Is it possible to get the message ? Or should i go for User 1/2/3 options in dynamic check ?

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devin,

I am glad that you managed to get it working.

Yes, you can get the same message with dynamic check - just use 'C' in system reaction for Dynamic credit check and set status/block to 'X'.

By the way, with automatic credit control you have quite a lot of options that you may find useful.

If you have not done so, you can discuss with the accounting and credit department the acceptable values for released documents are still unchecked. Not sure whether you would need to configure oldest open item check for your processes, but it is something that FI people usually request for medium and high risk customers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

All credit goes to you & thanks for all the help .

As far as the configuration you told me which i have already done 'C' and set 'X' in dynamic check against open items and oldest items but the message i get is different from the message i have asked for. The message which comes in dynamic check doesn't give the exceeded amount in numbers.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to get a different message than this one:

For example if you want to pass additional information for percentages, limits and so on, then you need to implemant the logic in one of the available user exits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok got it Veselina.

I was also skeptical about the same available user exits in dynamic check (User 1/2/3) for that message which i want. By the way by which settings you have done to get the message with amount in dynamic check. My settings for dynamic check are given in the pic attached below. May you please post your settings screen for the dynamic check.

and message i get is shown below in pic

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your order is blocked because of open items, this is why you get a different message.

You do not allow the customer to have any overdue open items, which is absolutely ok, but in your test system can you will see the problem very often.

This is what I use at the moment in IDES:

Just for test purposes post an incoming payment and clear the customer open items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

Thanks for the reply again & for the screenshot you have sent. One thing i have to ask that i have 20000 amount of credit limit for one customer mentioned in FD32 and used only 60% (shown in the screenshot below). But if i make a new order of 400 amount only then why it is blocking and giving the message of "maximum percentage for open items exceeded" while the amount of 400 is still under the credit limit. Also how it can be controlled ? For your help, i am attaching all the screen shots -

FD32

CHECK_CM1

CHECK_CM2

OVA8

If it is because of open items tick then how is it possible to control with open items ?

If not then what other method should i use ? Pls help.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devin,

Automatic credit control lets you perform different checks to determine whether a delivery to specific customer poses a risk.

One of the type checks is a check against the credit limit - you can use static or dynamic, whichever suits your company processes better. This type of check takes open order, open delivery and open billing values for a credit account to calculate the sales value, which you see in FD33. The exact values for order, delivery and billing are taken from a special subtotal in the pricing procedure, using indicator A to move the value from it to KOMP-CMPRE (this is the credit value that you see in VKM4). From your screenshots I see that the credit price for your item is zero - probably this is not exactly what you want to achieve. If you need to consider the price of an item in the total credit price of the order/delivery, you need to ensure that the value goes to this subtotal with indicator A. The item category is set to update the credit exposure, but since it is zero, it will not actually increase the credit exposure of the customer.

With the order example from check_cm you cannot test the credit limit - use a different material or add some manual condition for the material price.

Credit exposure depends not only on what you are going to deliver to the customer, but also on what you have already delivered, but have not received payment yet. Usually when you release an invoice to the customer to FI, this creates an open item with a certain amount and due date. When the customer posts a payment, the receivables are reduced. You can have also open items with a special g/l indicator, which may or may not be considered for credit management (FBKP settings).Noted items do not influence credit checks.

At the moment you have credit limit 20 000 and receivables 12 000, which is exactly 60 %. Your order is with zero credit value, so it will not be blocked for credit limit - see the indicator from check_cm.

Check the open items in FBL5N for the payers that use this credit account - you have more than 80% overdue payments. I do not know what are your business specifics, this could be the correct behaviour. If you use overdue items checks, you need to ensure that customer clearing happens without problems, otherwise it can lead to situations where the customer paid for everything delivered and the total of receivables is zero or even negative (in case of advance payments) and you still block him for credit reasons. Another problem is if your A/R summary runs before the clearing was finished - in this case a sales representative would see that the customer has a credit problem, while in ERP all is cleared.

Maybe you can add one to 3 days for the open items check (if accounting and credit departments agree with this) to minimize the risk of an EBS problem stopping all business operations.

As a first step - clear the overdure items and work on resolving the pricing problem.

Also check the ATP relevance for your item and the settings in OVB8 - you need requirement 101 or a similar one. In case of credit block your aim is to get KBMENG (that you see in check_cm) to be 0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

Thanks again for your reply.

I understood what you have explained & it is absolutely correct. And i think i can control it by writing a code in 101 requirement because i have done all the corrections in configuration what you told me but still the result is same.

So its better for me to go for abap code in 101.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please don't rush to change routine 101 - this can cause problems.

First - is 101 routine assigned in OVB8 at all?

What did you do to resolve the pricing problem? Do you get any value in CMPRE now and is the order credit value sufficient to get credit limit block?

Did you clear the overdue items, so that you can get the order blocked only for credit limit?

Is your item really relevant for ATP? You can check in SE38 with program SDRQCHCK and your order number to see if the item is relevant for ATP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

My problem got solved by my own upto 90%. Your guidance really helped me alot .

No 101 changes, nothing at all. Just some changes in OVA8. Screen shot attached below.

Some additions in terms or payment is also done in configuration.

So, If any problems comes to me in future. I will definitely discuss with you.

A bunch of thanks to you again, veselina.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, so you decided to use only oldest open items check and dynamic check (I see you have not activated critical fields check yet).

Please double-check with the finance guys if the setting for oldest open item is what they actually need.

It seems that blocking an order when the customer has an open item overdue for 30 days may be not strict enough. Most probably this is subject to the company policy, so the key users should be able to provide the relevant information.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly refer the below SAP NOTE:

1649589 - Saving a Sales Order changes the confirmed available quantity to Zero

As per the Note the system behavior is the standard system design.

Regards,

SRK