cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Message is not updating Events in SAP EM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear EM Experts,

We have configured the SAP EM and SAP TM systems for Tracking the Freight Units and Freight Bookings. Events will be reported to SAP EM through PI message and correspondingly updates the SAP TM system.

We have mapped the PI message - TrackedProcessEventNotificationCreateRequest_In and it shows no error and PI message is processed successfully in SAP EM with out any error.

When i debugged the PI proxy message using SPROXY it internally calls FM - /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_ADDEVENTMSG_02 and every thing goes fine but when i come and see the Tcode - /SAPTRX/MI02 (Expected Event Reporting) the Event data is not updated. But when I execute the same FM - /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_ADDEVENTMSG_02 with same data from SE37 this data gets updated and gets reflected in Tcode - /SAPTRX/MI02.

Please can anyone let me know what might be the issue. Is their is any settings that need to be considered while updating the events using PI messages.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Md.Rafi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rafi,

1) Check all the mandatory fields are populated  in proxy  TrackedProcessEventNotificationCreateRequest_In.

2) TrackedProcessEventNotificationCreateRequest_In is not  synchronous execution, you have to check the response in below event posting response consumer proxy .

TrackedProcessEventNotificationCreateConfirmation_Out .

3) Try BAPI commit in proxy BADI after the BAPI call  /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_ADDEVENTMSG_02.

thanks and regards

sukumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

1. Can you elaborate your sequence, walk through process to update in Tcode /SAPTRX/MI02 first?

2. Is there any specific reason to use proxy service instead of RFC?

3. Can you attach screen shots?

4. I don't know whether this tracking service calls Tcode /SAPTRX/MI02, if not then I can see event message sending BADI /SAPTRX/SE_EVM_SEND -> /SAPTRX/IF_BADI_TPEN_SEND -> INBOUND_PROCESSING.

Let us know 1 to 3 to check.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafi,

Also, try to test/execute from SPROXY itself and see if all the required fields in Header structure(  trackingheader ) and Location structure (  tracklocation - if location matching used ) are populated correctly and check the return code.

If required compare the values in FM: /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_ADDEVENTMSG_02  from PROXY test vs Manual test.

Maybe something missing in the mapping PI to PROXY.

Thanks,

Vishnu

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

was there any log in the BAPIRETURN table when you debugged it?

Is the message stored on the database -> check table /SAPTRX/EVM_HDR or use transaction /SAPTRX/EVM_STATUS.

Best regards,
Steffen