Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIEN Material type has no cost while creating sales invoice

f_cemunal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

i am trying to bill the customers for transportation cost. I use DIEN material type for this.

For example if a customers orders a table i want to add the transportation cost too.

when i create a sales invoice i see dien type material but its value is 0. And when i print the invoice from VA02 dien type material is not there.

i think there are 2 possible mistakes that i do.

First one is that DIEN type in not in T184 table.

Second one is i am making mistake in ABAP code while creating the sales order. In ABAP code i am creating dein material as same as ay other material but for dein material i use 'TAD' instead of 'TAN'  as order_items_in-ITEM_CATEG.

i hope i could have ellobrated my issue clearly.

i am really curious about this problem any help would be appriciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of queries here.

when i create a sales invoice i see dien type material but its value is 0. And when i print the invoice from VA02 dien type material is not there.

Please rephrase your query here??

If VA02-not having this DIEN material--how at Invoice level??will  you add any materials at delivery??

More details needed on your sales process.

If it was not there in this table-How this can be processed up to Invoice level??

Please revert to us with little more clarity--so members can help..

Sorry for my afferent approach here..

Phanikumar

f_cemunal
Participant
0 Kudos

Please rephrase your query here??

If VA02-not having this DIEN material--how at Invoice level??will  you add any materials at delivery??

More details needed on your sales process.

VA02 has that dien material but its value seems 0. When i check VA02->Conditions  i see that value but it doesnt add up to total value.

If it was not there in this table-How this can be processed up to Invoice level??

Please revert to us with little more clarity--so members can help..

In VA02 dien material is 'TAD' and normal material is 'TAN'. However in T184 DIEN type doesnt have 'TAD' as default.So i just thought mabe this might be the reason.

I hope i could have cleared some areas.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide the screen shots -So members can help.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For such type of business process (transportation cost), SAP have provided exclusive functionality via Shipment Cost.  Any specific purpose of not configuring this functionality ??

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cem,

The below setting should be there.

Material Type DIEN

Item Category # TAD

Billing Relevance    B

Pricing                     X

Pricing condition Type Should be Non Statistical (As suggested by SRK)

In pricing procedure Print option should be ticked to get print

Regards

AG

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Item category "TAD" in  VOV7 for the Billing relevance marked as "B" .

Are you able to check the value for transportation cost in Sales Order?

Is it Manually entered or condition record derived?

Regards,

SRK

f_cemunal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes it is marked as 'B' and pricing is checked also.

it is condition record derived and i see the value in VA02-Condition.However it doesnt add this cost to total.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the condition an statistical one?

Check your pricing analysis in your Invoice for the respective condition type.

what message you are getting?

Regards,

SRK

f_cemunal
Participant
0 Kudos

i dont get any message. it doesnt give any error.

condition is the same with a normal material's.

can it be something with the way i create the sales invoice ?

is there any difference between a service material and a a normal material when creating a sales invoice?

ajith_kumar10
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

In pricing procedure you must have maintained that condition type as statistical.

you can see the value at condition type level but it will not add value to total.

please check and confirm.

regards

Gopi

f_cemunal
Participant
0 Kudos

How can i be sure if it is stattistical ?

ajith_kumar10
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

in conditions tab for that condition type  in the last column you can find stat field after currency column.

if that is checked then assume that in your pricing procedure that condition type is marked as statistical.

or Directly go to your pricing procedure and check for that condition type whether statistical check box is ticked.

regards

Gopi