cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MII and PCo Synchronization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I would like to know whether SAP Plant Connectivity will only be used to retrieve the equipment data via OPC or web sockets and send

notifications to SAP MII. Have already done lot of configurations to send the notifications from PCo to MII and it was successful.

But would like to know Is there any way we can use SAP PCo to receive notifications from external systems or SAP MII after some validations done in MII?

Appreciate all your efforts in advance.

-Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Praveen,

MII can already send data through PCo back to the Agent source via PCoQuery TagStore mode after MII validation is done. Not sure what you mean by "receive notifications ... from SAP MII after some validations don in MII".

What external systems do you want PCo to receive notification from?

If you can provide an example of the requirements it will help.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I have checked the same thing in MII 12.2 and came to know that we do have PCo connectors and usiing the PCo connectors we can send the data through PCo back to the agent source via TagStore mode. But i have another question "Is it historian specific ??  Beacuse when i tried to look at the connectors, Simatic has the TagStore mode whereas the Proficy Historian doesn't have the same mode.

Please clarify this in detail and also let me know for which historian the TagStore mode will be enabled and also let us know PCo agent will be of webservice call

-Praveen

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

The modes supported by a given Agent Instance (through the underlying Source system Agent and the source that it connects to) is source-specific.

Each PCo Agent knows what type of read/write connectivity is supported for the source to which it is connected, and that list of connectivity features is presented to MII when you are configuring a PCoQuery template. if TagStore mode is not offered in the PCoQuery template as a mode, then interface to the underlying source does not support that type of mode.

Here is the current list of Historian Source agents and supported TagStore Modes, for PCo 15.0:

Vendor                    TagStore     TagHistoryStore              

OSiSoft PI               yes               yes

AspenTech IP21     yes               yes

Proficy                    yes               yes

CiTech SCADA       yes               no

OPCHDA                yes               yes

OPC-UA                  yes               no

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your detailed explanation. I will try the same and let you know if i hit any roadblock

Btw I would like to know what would be the efficient way or what configurations need to be done to get the IDOC fields in English at the receiver end(SAP MII) as every IDOC fields are getting generated in german.

Kindly appreciate your help in advance

-Praveen

-Praveen

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I cannot answer the IDOC language question, hopefully someone else here can. Also check with your ERP basis team as this is obviously a language setting.

Regards, Steve

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

New question, new Discussion please.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve/Appleby,

Thats ok steve. Thanks for your help

Have created a new thread steve. Can you please check and send back your comments.

-Praveen