cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range Buffering in SRM and SUS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Request some help on priority. The number ranges for RFx in SRM and Invoice in SUS  (MM-SUS scenario) is jumping by 10.The stragnge thing is that the SNRO  setting for Development, Quality and Production is same which is Main memory buffering set to 10 as per attachment. Only in production system I am observing this jump not in Dev or Quality. The note 504875 - Buffering number ranges tells that for legal reasons, if no gap is required in number range, one can set to "No Buffering". However this leads to performance issues.

Can you please suggest if I can change the setting to No Buffering only in Production system for the affected documents?

Regards,

Vardhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkatakrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the current version of your system..?

please refer 62077 , I think its happening only in production

due to high volume of records, check statics in SM56 once,

try to reset buffer once $TAB , $SYNC.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for the note. It is very informative. Actually this is is fresh system and there are very few records. In Dev/QA and Prod the setting is Main Buffering which is by default. Only in production I witness the number jump. Any idea how it can be addressed without changing the setting to No Buffering? Because no buffering may cause performance issue, so I am thinking if I should do this in Prod system. Kindly let me know.

Also I checked SM56, the value for buffer calls is very less. So /$tmp may not be of much use.

Regards,

Vardhan

Answers (0)