cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing BAPI using SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum,

We need to access/call a BAPI to get the information, which needs to passed to a non-SAP C++ based application. We will be using SAP PI as middle-ware .

• Do we need to expose the BAPI as web-service for it ?
  • Can you please suggest the process through with BAPI can be called from C++ application via SAP PI  - I mean does it require any adapter, SOAP, gSOAP adoption etc. ?

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinaymittal
Contributor
0 Kudos

For calling the BAPI you would require RFC adapter in PI(sender side) to connect to the C++ application i am not sure which adapter u require you need to confirm from the receiver if they can read SOAP requests then you can go for webservices...

For c++ application BAPI is invisible all it has to care about is connecting to PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the information Vinay.  Below is my understanding from your reply

SAP ECC to  SAP PI  , through RFC adapter to connect SAP ECC and access/call BAPI.

SAP PI to Non SAP application (C++ application)  > one option is SAP PI exposes the BAPI as web-service. Other option could be using SOAP/gSOAP to access the BAPI from PI by non-SAP application .

Did I got you correctly ?

Cheers

Sam

vinaymittal
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more query , just for my knowledge > In that case, we can directly expose the BAPI as web-service in ECC (without SAP PI) and provide the WSDL to the C++ developer for development.

What is the advantage of using PI  in this case?

Regards

Sam

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

My few cents,

Even you have the BAPI you should consider to use ABAP proxy, recommended by SAP, to connect with SAP ECC. There are some advanteges, kindly check Eng Swee Yeoh's blog

You can wrap the BAPI with the ABAP proxy and you will get the advantage of the monitoring on the ECC system as well.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team ,

Hope this link will be helpful to you  .

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1240551

Thanks

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the link Anil .  It is decided that all interface to SAP will be through SAP PI, hence we don't have point to point as an option.

Regards

Sam