cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pointing Multi sourced Relational data foundation to a new source w/o breaking business layer objects?

JYOUSAF
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to point my data foundation and business layer to a new connection without breaking the business layer objects for a multi sourced relational universe.

The universe is based on BW.  Data source was updated with few additional fields and a new dso was created.   Is there a way I can point my data foundation to the new connection (which is connected to the new dso), and update the data foundation and then update the business layer.

I have tried the following:

Changed connection in df and switched to the new connection. Deleted all tables and joins associated with the old connection.  After adding the new connection, I created new joins. Updated the business layer but all the old objects were useless as they were pointing to the old data foundation objects from the old connection.  Refreshed structure that added new objects.  After this step, a lot of manual customization of the newly objects is needed.  Is there a way I can keep old objects from the business layer.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After completing all steps upto DF layer changes which you have mentioned,right click on the Business Layer name and click "Insert Candidate Key Objects" and click finish.

If you do not want to insert extra auto objects then uncheck the check-box for new objects in the "Insert Candidate Key Objects" window and see the changes rflecting or not.

Amit