cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager 7.1 - CCMSPING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I noticed in System Monitoring that the no  CCMSPING data available. The CCMSPING column is grey for all managed system.

Should the CCMSPING be configured in the Solman x Managed Systems even that the hostagent has been installed?

Thanks,

Ma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Diagnostics Agent and Host Agent Strategy contain all the monitoring scheme and agents  -> Correct, for the Monitoring and Alerting Infrastructure(MAI) which is used for Technical Monitoring in SolMan 7.1 In this area you can also get alerts for the Availability of a system within the MAI architecture (in Technical Monitoring Workcenter) On the other side, CCMS is still used in SM 7.1, specially for this function in System Monitoring Workcenter. You still need to setup the CCMSPING program to get the correct 'System Status' information in the Solution Manager 7.1 system. Eventually, this will be phased out with the new Monitoring Infrastructure which is using Diagnostic and Host Agents but it is still used today. Hope this helps. Regards, Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Roland.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more question Roland.

How is the procedure to install the CCMSPING? I have 30 systems connect to Solution Mananger. Should I deploy the CCMSPING agent in each host?

thanks