Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange window popup on every roundtrip to server

Ronib
Participant
0 Kudos

hello

i have 2004s web dynpro application outside the portal (via url address).

sometimes when user change lead selection of a table or making any other action that requires roundtrip to the server, i see a little pop up window that starts and close. it appears only for 2 seconds, but still very annoying.

anyone knows why its happening and how can i suppress that window popup?

thanks,

Roni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Change the table property compatibility mode to nw04plus

regards,

Naga

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have noticed this popup window too. But it doesnt appear at every roundtrip time.

You can make out whether it is present or not, just by lookint at bottom right of your current browser,

If you want to see how it is affecting the performance of your application,

enter: <b>sap-wd-showInfo=X</b> in <i>Window-Preferences-WebDynpro-Server</i>.

It provides details about the roundtrip time, time taken at the J2EE and R/3 of your server, etc

For more details about the same, visit the blog: /people/bertram.ganz/blog/2006/11/21/analyzing-web-dynpro-java-application-performance-with-a-simple-url-parameter

I hope this is of some use to you.

Regards,

hanoz

Ronib
Participant
0 Kudos

hanoz

its true it does not appear at every roundtrip.

do you know what the purpose of that window?

Roni

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using IE 7? Im on NW 04 (sp 15 with the IE 7 fix applied ) and when I use IE 7 and close the tab, I see a small popup in the lower right corner of the screen. It does not appear with FF.

Ronib
Participant
0 Kudos

i have internet explorer 6.

still see a small pop up window, whenever there is long roundtrip to the server.

any other suggestions?

Sigiswald
Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have a clue about the popup, but I'd try to find out what it is about by monitoring your HTTP traffic. Personally I use <a href="http://www.fiddlertool.com/">Fiddler</a>, an HTTP debugging proxy.

Kind regards,

Sigiswald

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is it you are referin to DSM Terminator Window?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

I am also facing same problem. I think it is relating to DSM Terminator. Do you know any solution for this. Please explain it in detail.

Thanks

Sreekanth

Ronib
Participant
0 Kudos

i tried changing properties selectionChangeBehaviour & compatibilty to all posible values but it didnt help.

i dont refer directly to DSM Terminator Window. i only work in web dynpro dc and calling web services (sometimes very heavy processes).

anyone have other suggestions?

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

are you talking about the default small timer window , showing the processing of request is in progress ?

or is it something else , if yes, does it has any message written on it?

regards

Ronib
Participant
0 Kudos

no. it is not the w.d. sanbox that shows as a circle gif.

it is window explorer window , small , in the right bottom corner , size about 100px X 100px , and it is blank with no message.

shows only for 2 seconds then close it self.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Not sure though.

Check the PROPERTY selectionChangeBehaviour of table ui element. Set it auto or play with it and see if this pop up disappears.

Just a shot in the dark

Regards

Bharathwaj