cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Determination Issue for Purchase Requisition During MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I am facing source determination issue for purchase requisition generated after MRP run.

My understanding is Validity period for source list always refers to the requirements date for source determination using planning run. I have 2 vendors which are active during different period. 1st one is active from 03/08/2015 to 08/23/2015 whereas 2nd one is active from 08/24/2015 to 12/31/9999 as below.

What i am expecting is any requirement date falls between 03/08/2015 to 08/23/2015, it should go to vendor # 14138 whereas any requirement data on and after 8/24/2015 should go to vendor # 15251 .

After running MRP, my requirement of 6/17/2015 should go to vendor # 14138 as it's valid during that period but after planning it's going to vendor # 15251. See below.. and that's my issue.

Any help or suggestion ?

Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

You cannot guarantee that the rescheduling message on MD04 for the purchae order points to the requirement for which the original purchase requisition was created.

Note 25388 explains the following:

In the rescheduling check, the system checks - starting with the first requirement - whether all requirements can be covered by firmed receipts (purchase orders, production orders, firm planned orders, firm purchase requisitions, firm delivery schedules). If this is the case, the firmed receipt is assigned a corresponding rescheduling proposal by materials planning

Therefore, since this purchase order will be processed by the rescheduling check before the unfirmed purchase requisitions, the rescheduling date from MD04 may not be the date of the original requirement.

If newly created purchase requisitions are created with the correct vendor, then the source determination is probably correct.

Best regards
Caetano Almeida

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just press F1 in the valid from date field of ME01 transaction.

it clearly says that the source determination is based on delivery date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jurgen. Your statement getting match with results which i am seeing in system but i was following SCM 520 (Purchasing) help and it says it's requirement date. See below.

regards,

Ravi.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The highlighted item in your MD04 screenshot is a purchase order,

do you expect that the MRP run changes the vendor in an existing purchase order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Point Jurgen... I have delete PO, re-ran MRP and review the results. System is picking vendor : 14138 which is correct. Seems like when we convert PR to PO system is not allowing because now it's checking PO delivery date with source list validity date and gives error "Source not included in list despite source list requirement". Due to that error users was changing PO vendor to 15251 .

Resolution is we have de-activated "Source list" flag from material master so system does not give hard code error.

Thanks !!!

Regards,

Ravi.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the note: 457110 - FAQ: Source determination in purchasing - Question Number 11 and the note: 206684 - MRP: automatic source determination550014 - FAQ: Source determination in material requirements planning  - Question 1 & 2, which explains the system design for automatic source determination in MRP.

If you need a different behavior, you may use the exit: EXIT_SAPLMEQR_001

Regards,

AKPT