Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Object Merge Types

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could not merge these two objects one is coming from bi query and other from ora.

BI Query

Ora:

Appreciate your help, i tried even creating detail obj fro Orac LOB.

Thanks,

Dinya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the reason is you are merging detailed Profit centre Key object with universe dimension object.You can not merge detail with dimension object.

Both should be the dimension objects then you can merge.

with * symbol are detail objects.

select the both dimension objects and you will be able to merge the objects.

Detail objects merging is possible in webi queries when webi queries are based on the BEx.Not very sure if you can do merge BEx detail object with Universe detail object.

Amit

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your quick reply. Iam in need of merging these two objects which is the last step/column  which is stopping a bit, cannot really goback and say this cannot be merged..

I  have incombatible object now, but could you please let me know what are all the options even any custom object in univer/bi that would need to merge these objects. Moreover the

LOB i need to create one formula variable in webi report which i would need only first three 3 numbers of the above LOB String Dimenson i have..

Pls. put me all options that can be leveregaed to get this object merged. It would be great if could help me in this.

Thanks,

Dinya.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

merge Profit centre dimension object  with universe "Line of Business" Object instead of detail Profit centre Key object.

Then use in the variable or table.

or if you have some other merged object in the webi report then create these two as detail variables with associate of merged dimension object.After that use these in the variable or table.

Amit

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks.

I tried your first option, below is what iam there now, but could not proceed further..

From the above merged dimesnion, i would need profit ctr HFMLOB detail object Key of 5 Bex query and One Universe Line of Business dimension object  that needs to be further created as formula varaiable as detail object = substr(Line of Business;1;3) Merged as One.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Dinya

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create "Line Of business" object as detail object in the universe.After that you will get the option of merging "Line Of business" and "Profit Center-Profit Center HFMLOB (Key)" detailed objects in the webi report.

Amit

Answers (0)