cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional devices in Afaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we have 200 devices in our Afaria environment, and pretty soon we will have more than 1000 devices in the same environment.

So my question is will this additional devices effect the server performance?

I went through some doc were it was mentioned about the minimum/recommended requirement of the server. No were it was mentioned about how many devices it can withstand the hardware configuration or anything as such.

Please provide me any docs related to that, I am pretty much new to Afaria.

Regards

HK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nick_mackerness
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

There are probably two aspects you want to think about here.  In addition to what Sushmitha has mentioned about the number of devices that can be enrolled, there is also the consideration of concurrent connections. 

When you have a large number of devices, the chances increase, you will have many attempting to connect at the same time.  Because of the parameters involved, the number your system can handle reliably will vary.  For a general overview, and some for the factors involved, please have a look at this Knowledge Base Article - http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1862308

Depending on the devices being used, Afaria has features and options that can help to manage the concurrency, such as Flood Control to restrict the number of notifications to connect.

Regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nick,

I went through the article 1862308, I understood that 50-300 concurrent client sessions can be handled at the same time with the minimum hardware system requirements for Afaria?

I am looking for the info more related to hardware(RAM, Processor...)

Regards,

HK

nick_mackerness
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We do have a sizing guide which is linked from Knowledge Base Article - 

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2214276

This additionally provides guidelines on some of the hardware parameters, but more in-depth planning/tuning for your specific environment would often be carried out by a consultant or partner who has experience with large Afaria environments.

Regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nick,

I still want to confirm this sentence "50-300 concurrent client sessions can be handled at the same time with the minimum hardware system requirements for Afaria"?

Regards,

Sekhar V

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

In addition to the other assets, this wiki may give you some insights into managing your scheduled connections.

Best practices for scheduling device connections - SAP Mobility - SCN Wiki

Cheers,

Tracy

nick_mackerness
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, this is what the article is stating, if you meet the minimum hardware requirements, you can expect to handle between 50-300 concurrent connections to the Afaria Server.  It is not simple to put a more accurate number on this without considering the other variables.

Regards

Nick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bala,

Thank you for reaching out to SAP Community Network.

SAP Afaria is a mobile device management software product. It helps large organizations connect mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers to the company network, and to simplify the information technology (IT) tasks associated with buying, deploying, securing and maintaining such devices.

You can enroll 'n' number of devices on iOS, Android, Windows platforms in SAP Afaria. There is no limit for the number of devices to be enrolled. You can take a look at this http://help.sap.com/Download/Multimedia/zip-afaria/SP5_Getting_Started.pdf for better understanding on SAP Afaria Product.

Do let me know for any further queries.

Cheers,
Sushmitha