Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Suppress Zeros

stephen_hobbs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

A user of mine raised a support call as the overall results total didn't match the sum of the individual rows (materials). We refresh the report to get the latest data and still they didn't match.

I toggled the Suppress Zeros in Rows option and hey presto - more lines appeared!

It's as if the system only refreshes for what was there before and doesn't go back to see if there are new materials (in this case) that match the criteria.

This behaviour is present in 1.4.7 as well as 2.1.1

I plan to raise an OSS but I wondered if anyone else has come this...

Thanks,

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I believe that the easy way to find where the hide value is will be drill down all the characteristic.

Usually the value is under some filter or under some hide drill down.

Kind regards,

Diego Ferrary

stephen_hobbs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Diego for the quick reply but I don't think it really addresses the issue or behaviour of Analysis.

Day 1 there are sales against 10 materials and we have Suppress Zeros in Rows active.

Day 2 there are sales against 15 materials yet Analysis only shows the revised Overall Results, not the new lines.

The left-hand crosstab has Suppress Zeros in Rows active.

You can see that the Overall Results are the same yet sum of the individual rows is different. Surely Analysis should show the new rows since the last refresh, not just the new Overall Result.

For information, there are other columns in the real report:

Thanks,

Stephen

Answers (0)