cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define own condition technique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Is there a way in SAP to create your own condition technique for object X? Condition technique is a powerfull tool, it's a very flexible tool for determination of different things (batches, condition records, outputs...) that can be maintained by business people in a productive system.

But I only know the pre-build standard SAP things like Batch Determination, Output Determination, Condition records for pricing..  It would be nice to create your own for specific purposes.

In my concrete example it would be profit center. I need to do a proft center determination for a non-standard purpose, and maintainting the rules for this determination would be perfect via the condition technique.

Any suggestions if and how this can be realized?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is interesting requirement. I don't know where do you want to determine profit centre based on condition technique. If this is in sale order than there is standard settings for it. Check below documents. I hope you have already searched and studies these settings.

The Systematics of Profit Center Determination - Profit Center Accounting (EC-PCA) - SAP Library

Profit Center Substitution in Sales Orders - ERP Operations - SCN Wiki

For your specific requirement I would say that it depends on complexity of requirement, available userexits and expertise of your ABAPER. If we talk about profit centre in sale order than this could be possible using condition technique. You just need to create condition table using normal pricing condition table. Ask your ABAPER to write logic in MV45AFZZ to move profit centre in VBAP-profit centre field based on the condition record you maintain in that table using a dummy pricing condition.

I hope you understand my point.

Thank$

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The requirement is creative but equally abstract. You have not really talked about the scenario which warrants the adoption of condition technique as prospective solution.

If you are building a condition technique, then you should be knowing the present architecture of present condition technique at the database level. Tables like T685, T 685A, T683, T683S etccc....all these T tables from 681 to 689 needs to be studied. Apart from this, you should also be knowing the technical features of the condition tables with a new suffix for your application.

If this is known, then you only have to update these tables for your new functionality. Then you can use the normal user exits of SD to call this functionality to decide the values of new fields you define in the sales order.

Hope this helps.