cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade from PI 7.11sp13 to PI 7.40sp11 axis.ConfigurationException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have successfully upgraded my DEV PI from PI 7.11sp13 to PI 7.40sp11.

I followed all the SUM guides and NW7.40 upgrade guides.

The only issue remaining is an error that I see with our AXIS communication channels.

They all give this error:

failed to initialize:
org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.sap.aii.axis.xi. XI30OutboundHandler ------------------------- Loader Info -------------------------
ClassLoader name: [library:com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib]
Loader hash code: 11e930e Living status: alive Direct parent loaders: [system:Frame]
[library:com.sap.base.technology.facade] [library:engine.j2ee14.facade]
Resources: /usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bin/ext/com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib/lib/axis.jar
/usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bin/ext/com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib/lib/commons-discovery-0.4.jar
/usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bin/ext/com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib/lib/commons-logging-1.1.jar
/usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bin/ext/com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib/lib/qname.jar /usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bin/ext/com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib/lib/wsdl4j.jar
/usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bin/ext/com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib/lib/wss4j-1.5.7.jar
/usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bin/ext/com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib/lib/xmlsec-1.4.2.jar ---------------------------------------------------------------
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.aii.axis.xi. XI30OutboundHandler ------------------------- Loader Info -------------------------

ClassLoader name: [library:com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib]
Loader hash code: 11e930e Living status: alive Direct parent loaders: [system:Frame]
[library:com.sap.base.technology.facade] [library:engine.j2ee14.facade]
Resources: /usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bin/ext/com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib/lib/axis.jar
/usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bin/ext/com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib/lib/commons-discovery-0.4.jar
/usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bin/ext/com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib/lib/commons-logging-1.1.jar
/usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bin/ext/com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib/lib/qname.jar /usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bin/ext/com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib/lib/wsdl4j.jar
/usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bin/ext/com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib/lib/wss4j-1.5.7.jar
/usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bin/ext/com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib/lib/xmlsec-1.4.2.jar --------------------------------------------------------------- at
com.sap.engine.boot.loader.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:280) at
com.sap.engine.boot.loader.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:249) at
org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils$2.run(ClassUtils.java:187) at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at
org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils.loadClass(ClassUtils.java:160) at
org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:100) at
com.sap.aii.adapter.axis.ra.Adapter.createHandler(Adapter.java:550) at
com.sap.aii.adapter.axis.ra.Adapter.init(Adapter.java:254) at
com.sap.aii.adapter.axis.ra.AdapterManager$1.run(AdapterManager.java:176)
at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37) at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:185) at
com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:302)

So, my first thought was to follow the notes to regenerate the PI 3rd-party libraries.

I made sure the Axis Adapter Message Servlet looks good, and it does:

http://host.domain.com:port/XIAxisAdapter/MessageServlet

Then I got the SAPXI3RDPARTY11_0-20009965.SCA from our MOPZ download for the PI upgrade

Then, went through note 1028961  to prepare the com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib.sda in the SDA maker tool.

So I then deployed SAPXI3RDPARTY11_0-20009965.SCA and then deployed the newly generated com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib.sda

Finally, I restarted PI ABAP/JAVA.

Still, I am getting this error.

I have exhausted all SCN/Marketplace searches and can find nothing to help in resolving this.

Any ideas at all?  I'm considering opening a message with one of these components:

BC-XI-CON-SOP

BC-XI-CON-AFW

Thanks,

NICK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Verify the value "com.sap.aii.axis.xi. XI30OutboundHandler" in the Module Configuration of Communication Channel there is a space between "com.sap.aii.axis.xi." and "XI30OutboundHandler", the correct value is "com.sap.aii.axis.xi.XI30OutboundHandler".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Maximiliano,

Thanks for responding.  Forgive my stupid question but exactly how would I get to the "Module Configuration" of the communication channel?

Just give me a little hint and I can probably find it.

Thanks

NICK

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For example second image.

1. Open the communication channel ( AXIS Channel )
  2. Go to the module tab
  3. The second table is the "Module Configuration"
  4. Change the values "com.sap.aii.axis.xi. XI30OutboundHandler" for "com.sap.aii.axis.xi.XI30OutboundHandler"
  5. Save
  6. Activate

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please close this thread, it would help other scners who will be facing similar issue.

How to close a discussion and why

Former Member
0 Kudos

absolutely.  thank you so much with this.  perfect answer!!

NICK