cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Leveling in SNP SCM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use the SNP heuristic followed by capacity leveling in order to enable my customer to check capacity requirements in terms of machine and people resources. The particular requirements are:

1. no backward/forward capacity leveling

2. level the capacity across alternate resources

I don't see how I can do 2 without doing 1. I haven't seen a parameter about the number of days allowed in backward/forward leveling (which I would set to zero or to a low number e.g. 2 days)

Best Regards,

JL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think you should be using the standard capacity levelling functionality at all if you are not going to level it forward or backward

What you need to think of is planning using Aggregated resources.

In a nutshell you creatae new header resources that are of capacity equivalent to your resources plus alternate resources

Do SNP plannign on the aggregated ( header )resource

Level or trim any excess capacity requirements (levelling wouldve done this for you but you got to specify the direction)

Disaggregate to the member resources based on some disaggregation rules (or you can customize this)

check help on :-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/43/03b0b3dccd22f3e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,we are also using SNP Capacity leveling in our plant, we also had the same request as yours. For standard program of SNP05 do not support, but you can ask your ABAPer to right some codes by plant level to change this behavior to restrict the leveling within the bucket but cross alt. resource.

I am not so clear about the details of program change, but for sure, we realized it in the system and it is working well now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just a little note on capacity planning with alternate resources that might be relevant

Pl Check the capacity profile in SCM 5.0. there is a block for aternative resources.

you can use the option all resources for considering alternative resources

(If you have your SNP PPM/PDS setup using alternative resources)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try the optimizer engine for capacity leveling...

I don't think the standard engine will spread across resources.

Ken Snyder