Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA Webstart 7

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We have PO 7.4 installed and we are unable to open the Integration builder.

It says Application error ->unable to launch application.

The detail error shows the following

nvalidArgumentException[ Invalid arguments supplied: { }]

at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

We have installed Java Webstart 7 and I had even tried adding the PI url in the exception list of JWS.

It did not work. Is this error related to JWS or anything else?

Regards

Krish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krish,

There was a known bug in JRE 7 which caused this error. This has been fixed in later JRE updates, so please ensure that you have updated your JRE 7 installation. Refer to the SAP Note 1770625 for more details.

Alternatively, you can install JRE 6 or JRE 8 and use them when opening ESR / Integration Directory.

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have now loaded JAVA 6.

But my IE by default goes for JAVA 7 when I click the PI url.

Regards

Sam

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello sam,

I guess you should uninstall Java 7,By default it will take higher version.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will use the default JRE which is configured in your system. If you would like to use alternative JRE (for example, JRE 7 is the default one, and you would like to run JNLP like ESR or Integration Directory using newly installed JRE 6), you can navigate to binaries of JRE 6 (<JRE 6 installation path>\bin\) and call javaws from there providing URL to the called JNLP as an argument for it. For example, you can download JNLP of ESR / Integration Directory from XI start page (/dir) and then use full path to those files as an argument when calling javaws of JRE 6 installation, or you can use URL pointing to their location on the PI system: for ESR - http://<host>:<HTTP port>/rep/start/sso/repository.jnlp, for Integration Directory - http://<host>:<HTTP port>/dir/start/sso/directory.jnlp.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos