cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Estate Key(IMKEY) enhancement for rental Unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We need to enhance IMKEY for rental unit to accommodate building & sector information. This is for mapping the functional location in PM module, which with help of coding mask can have this key easily. So want to construct our own Identification number based on business entity, building, sector & rental object. Has anyone done this before. Can anyone point out if there is any Deal Breakers, which will stop the show in production down the line by doing this.

Example: we would like to have a key something like

1111/2222/AA/UNIT

where 1111 is the BE

2222 is the building, AA is the sector and UNIT is the Rental Object Number.

Technically, I have seen it is possible, also it is working fine in Creation, changing of RE Master data, also on contracts if I assign objects, Checked RE Standard reports too, looks fine. But would like to know if anyone has had bad experience in doing something like this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sathar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amarendar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Go ahead, you won't have any surprises. I have referred IMKEY in the past for utility billing customization. All well so far.

Regards

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar

Thank you for your response. Have you enhanced the IMKEY similiar to what we have done. I could see that the conversion exit builds the IMKEY based on the standard with company code/business entity/rental unit. So wanted to ensure this enhancement will not give any problem in production.

Regards

Sathar

amarendar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathar,

If I understand correctly, you are clubbing Company code, BE & RU and making it one field and then referring/using it in your program. If my understanding is correct, then you will not have any issue. I am a functional, so explained the way I understood it that time .

One word of caution, I removed preceding zero from all my rental objects (not sure if it is needed though).

Regards,

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar

Correction..We are not clubbing company code, BE & RU. This is how standard build the key.

We have clubbed BE, Building, Sector(custom) & RO.

Example: we would like to have a key something like

1111/2222/AA/UNIT

where 1111 is the BE

2222 is the building, AA is the sector and UNIT is the Rental Object Number.

Thanks & Regards

Sathar

amarendar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathar,

Why this enhancement then? You can use Architectural Object ID from table VIBDAO.

Usually, seeing the structure, I am sure the custom field (Sector) is not available in usage object.

But it is defined in the hierarchical structure of AO.

See below screen shot for reference:

Instead of hyphen ( - ) you may use slash ( / )for separating the objects.

In above example, P110 is BE, B100 is BU, E1 is Floor, 150 is Part of floor and D1 is RO.

Regards,

Amar

P.S. - Please forgive if I am going in a different direction.