cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT2 error LR407 for Network posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

it would be cool if you could help me with this issue.

One of my user got an error after performing CATA so he went back to CAT2 and incurred into error LR407.

I am trying to fix the CAT2 deleting the **** from Activity and Sub Operation but I get the same message.

Processing not possible: Network or order has already been deleted

You want to change a record relating to a PM/CS or PS order. The order has already been deleted in the target component. You can no longer change the time sheet record because this would result in errors occurring during transfer.

I am not familiar with CATA tables and process in general. I know that I have my records in CATSDB and also in CATSPS.

status in CATSDB = 30 Approved

record in CATSPS available with the same set of data, field TRANSFER = no

Have you ever run into the same message ?

Can you clarify the data flow ?

I found a note related to LR407, which is 197473, but it is still not clear to me why the Network /Order has been "detected" as cancelled and so the Operation has been replaced with ****

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we opened a note to SAP and they could not explain what might have happened.

I see that the record in Table AFVC related to the one in CATSDB is missing but it is not enough to clarify the problem.

They suggested to apply the following note to get rid of the record

623693 - CAT2: Cancellation w/ deleted logistics objects

thanks all, thread closed.

regards

valentina

0 Kudos

Hi Valentina,

Try this OSS 450714 - Deletion of network activities and time data

this OSS Note 623693 - CAT2: Cancellation w/ deleted logistics objects will be helpful when NTW is deleted but here i guess only activity is deleted.

We always have program RCATSDEL (this program will delete all the entries made by the User on a particular date ). Please research carefully before using the program.

Thanks & regards,

Sunith Rana

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much

we ended up deleting the single record with report Z based on RCATSDEL

the real problem though is still there...during the test session I noticed that is it possible to delete an Operation from a Network even if there are records in CATSDB related to that Operation...so I

reproduced the error.

I think it is a big lack of functionality...!

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valentina,

Unfortunately that is a common issue to some not real-time functionalities that require a transfer runs. I remember one similar in FI-TV travel management when after account assignment in FI-TV you can change the data on PS side and it will not validate any dependencies.

Please raise a message to SAP, ideally they should come up with a fix through OSS note. The logic here is quite simple IMHO.

Regards,

Paulo

0 Kudos

The system will not check if an activity is having any CAT entries during its deletion but while deleting an CAT entry system will check if the objects exist or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Valentina,

Is the Network or activity set for deletion?

Regards

Vittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vittal,

Network to me is in a good shape

this is the current status

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are the Activities still there?  The network header might be fine but you post to the activity level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ken,

The guy was trying to post Operation 9720 which is like that: status Released

Should I check dates ? WBS Element maybe ?

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valentina,

Never seen this message before as a starting point.

What do you see at physical level in SE16 for CATSDB for those ****?  If I remember that correctly for NWA you will not find a 4 digit code, it is an indirect reference (similar to the object number).  Theoretically it could have been deleted and new NWA created with the same external number 9720?!

Can you delete the whole line, save and re-create it again?

Also you can try to add a new line with the same account assignment, just to test if that will pass through. 

Because if we assume the message is false, then it can be either OSS or message to SAP.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paulo,

I tried to delete the record but it is not possible, though I am able to add a new one with the same reference (activity/network/operation).

The two records in CATSDB are exactly the same (apart from the document number).

the two fields :

VORNR activity

UVORN sub operation

are part of structure CATSD but I do not know where to see those value

regards,

valentina

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume this has to be raised to SAP since the number Generation is internal for activties and it is also new to me.

Please check the Project structure in Project builder for the activity ' **** '

I assume someone has changed the activity number to ****

You can also check this in CN60 Change log

Hope you find a solution soon

Regards

Vittal

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In CATSDB table you can compare the field RAUFPL for the problematic record and for the new record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Value is the same. I chose the same Operation that the guy told me.

I do not know where the **** come from...

I do not have the change log for the Network so I do not know if in the meantime someone changed the status.

OSS Note    197473 - CATS: X030 because of deleted network/order II

When you call up the time sheet, a termination occurs with dump MESSAGE_TYPE_X although Note 156914 has been implemented. The system generates error message X030. The termination occurs in function module ADD_MESSAGE which is called from function module CATS_DET_AUFNR_BY_AUFPL.

With the attached correction, in each case, **** is displayed in the both fields activity and sub-operation in the case of a deleted order/network. You can no longer change data in this case.

I think I have to give up since it is not possible to correct it and it seems that nobody did anything...

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe just a bug. Bugs are more common then people sometime think about them. I suggest opening a message with SAP.