Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disp+work.exe stopped: ERROR => ThInit: db_connect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please assist.

we have done a restore, and I did a homogenous system copy. But now my System will not start, I did use the Schema4SAP script and there was one object that failed to be deleted on my dbo schema which is "df16_raw_default" it says it already exists but when I try to delete it , it refuses.

I have attached my dev_w0 so you guys can try assist me with this error,

Your Help would be really appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Reason I ran the Shema4SAP is because it was giving me Schema Errors of which the Schema4SAP helped me sort them out, and I am running SWPM, I've done this on our New Production Server which was restored from our Productions and it didn't give me any issues , except when the Schema errors of which I sorted out using the Schema4SAP.

I am on SQL Server 2012.

I will try the Kernel Update and if that fails I will try restore again. I will revert back.

Kind Regards

luisdarui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Keleso,

If you observe this thread, I assisted with a schema troubleshooting during a system copy:

System copy 'Homogeneous' from MSSQL2005 to SQL... | SCN

You can use the same scripts to try identify any possible errors during the copy.

Regards,

Luis Darui

luisdarui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Keletso,

I'm wondering you could finish the system copy and what was the solution?

Best Regards,

Luis Darui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

I unistalled the Instances and re-ran SWPM from the beginning and it passed the error. I'm not quite sure what caused it.

Kind Regards,

Keletso

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

luisdarui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Keletso,

Matt has strong points, specially the usage of the SAP tools in SWPM (SAP Note 683447 - SAP Tools for MS SQL Server).

According to the errors it seems that your SAPService<SID> (which is running the SAP Services) and the <sid> user have incorrect permissions according to SAP Note 592514 - MSSQL: internal database users, permissions and security.

I would say if you have the chance to restore again the database from the backup and use SWPM to finish the "database refresh", do it so.

Regards,

Luis Darui

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keletso,

Why did you run the Schema4SAP script? I would recommend instead that you let the system copy option in SWPM handle this for you. Did you use SWPM?

From the tracefile, it appears as though your kernel patch level may be quite low. I would consider updating the kernel version used for your system installation, both with the SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB patches (of matching patch level, currently 200, I believe), and also ensure that you are using the latest Kernel 742 installation image (which equates to patch 101, I think).

What is your SQL Server release?

Cheers,

Matt