cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic cannot include in the BEX row/ column structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement to include specific infoobject in a structure in the bex query. but i cant drag the infoobject in the selection I created under a specific structure. Is there a setting of the infoobject that restricts it to drag on the selection? Other infoobjects are able to drag, there is a specific infoobject that cannot drag in the selection.

your inputs are appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can not use it because it is already used somewhere.

Check the other structure - i.e. if you want to use it in rows - check the columns and vice versa.

It will be used already in one of the selections there.

Maybe you use globally defined selections in your structure, ,so check thos as well.

regards

Cornelia

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

or it is used in free characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your helo Cornelia, this will be checked.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you can not identify the structure object that already contains your characteristic try to:

- create a new query from scrach on the same infoProvider

- start with your characteristic

- then place the other structures to rows and columns

- here, the problematic one should not be possible to be added to structures

Regards

Dietmar

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically, as what the members said above, the characteristic you wanted to add is already present in the ROW or COLUMN..Perhaps it is located in one of the selections or RKF..

Regards,

Loed

swati_gawade
Contributor
0 Kudos

It happened with me once where the char was not in Free chars or rows/Columns still I was unable to drag it.

As per Cornelia's Suggestion check if its part of  Free chars or Rows/Columns.

If its in Free chars then try to drag it from Free chars or else remove from free chars and add from info-provider.

Else

If Its not in Free chars or rows/columns then Right click -> Context Menu -> Copy Then go to structure and then right click->Paste

Else

Try to pull it to Rows section and then move it from there. It worked in my case.

Hope this helps.

-Swati.