cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPen/BullkStorage with FIFO Removal in SAP WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I am Having a Open Storage in which I will put all the Packaging Materials and every day I get Stock and I will do Put away with Strategy C Open Storage and My Question is 1. When I want to Issue it to Production, system should issue according to FIFO.

2. I am Having an Bulk Storage in which I keep all multiple Materials and Some Times Same Material Like X will be coming with different SLED Date and in that case if I Put all the Materials in bulk Storage then System will Replace the SLED with the Older Date in Quant.

and while issuing the Stock to Production it should Pick FIFO from bulk Storage, system should not Override the SLED Date of the Same Materials in the Bulk Storage. How to Achieve this.

Regards

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more question if a material x can be place in storage type t1 by storage search strategy with indicator mentioned in material master for 001 and same material has to be placed in bulk store also, for bulk storage what is the strategy has to be maintained ? That's means materials x same can be place in storage type t1 and same materials can be placed in t2 bulk storage also. How to do it.

Regards

Sree

former_member245890
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sree

You can put away the same material into different storage types if you have the requirement to define storage type search for putaway. In storage type search customizing, you can define 1st storage type for putaway then 2nd and ... to 30th. So if you assign storage type indicator 001 to material X, when there is a putaway system will search storage type for putaway according to its customizing.

Via t-code OMLY you can define the customizing

For picking scenario, if you want to pick stocks according to SLED or FIFO and you user bulk or open storage type search strategy you need to putaway stocks into the storage bin with different quant number. SLED and  GR Dates are stored on quant level. So you can activate Storage unit management in these storage types and each storage unit will have different SLED / GR date. Or if you don't activate SUM then you need to put away the stocks to the storage bins seperately according to GR date and SLED.

Regards

Alper

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sree,

To avoid override the SLED in the quant, I would request you to check avoid quant merger. By doing this, it would be helpful to avoid overriding of SLED with older date.

Thanks & regards,
Balaji