Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of CMIS Connector for HCP/Web IDE

former_member202734
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

may be simple-stupid question:

Is it possible to connect the HCP and/or Web IDE with the CMIS Connector installed on Enterprise Portal via Document Service...?

Best regards.

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Vincent,

the CMIS Connector is delivered with Mobile Documents for the purpose of exposing repositories out of Enterprise Portal in the Mobile Documents. That could be both for the Mobile Documents cloud or on-premise installations. On the other hand, the document service provides his own persistence in the cloud. See it as an alternative to Enterprise Portal and not a way to connect the enterprise portal to.

From Mobile Documents, we are investigating the integration in WebIDE, offering developers a way to consume content services. This will work for both documents service as well as content from Enterprise Portal as well as other content management systems Mobile Documents can connect to.

BR,

Corneliu 

former_member202734
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Corneliu,

and thanks for you answer.

the CMIS Connector is delivered with Mobile Documents for the purpose of exposing repositories out of Enterprise Portal in the Mobile Documents. That could be both for the Mobile Documents cloud or on-premise installations. On the other hand, the document service provides his own persistence in the cloud. See it as an alternative to Enterprise Portal and not a way to connect the enterprise portal to.

--> as far as I understood SAP Mobile Document uses CMIS for its scenario.  But it is also possible to install the CMIS Connector (that seems free of charge (?)) on other Portal to connect other KM (on premicse) to SAP Mobile document  (as it is possible to connect SharePoint to its CMIS connector).

So my question is: it is possible to install CMIS Connector only on On Premise Portal (so not SAP Mobile Document) to get a connection (via HCC) to Web IDE ?

From Mobile Documents, we are investigating the integration in WebIDE, offering developers a way to consume content services. This will work for both documents service as well as content from Enterprise Portal as well as other content management systems Mobile Documents can connect to.

That sounds good !  When ?

As far as I undserstood (again) it is possible to develop client usign Java or Javascript but on top of SAP Mobile Document.  That's not what we want.

--> we would like to develop SAPUI5 application, using Web IDE (that seems the easiest tool for UI design) and get data from On Premise KM Portal (build reporting, dashboard,...).

I still not find a way to get KM data into Web IDE...

My today scenario is:

1. Build SAPUI5 application with JSON (static) mockup;

2. Develop (NWDS) a servlet to provide KM Data under JSON format;

3. Export Web IDE project and import it in NWDS + change data access;

4. Build the package in NWDS to deploy on the portal.

The easiest should be have KM data under oData access in Web IDE...

Best regards.

Vincent

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ravindra_T
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

My question may be much simpler than yours and hope you would have some working example, have you tried consuming CMIS libraries to develop UI5 app in Web IDE that can connect to document services (No Hana Cloud portal document repository or mobile documents) and allows to build a client like mobile documents. If you have tried can you help us with steps to follow. Java App we have tried it is working fine (But on eclipse).

Best Regards

Ravindra Tanguturi

former_member202734
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

sorry to disappoint you but I still don't use CMIS...

My goal is to use Web IDE to develop (at design time) UI5 Application to consume SAP Enterprise Portal (KM) documents.

Connect Web IDE to on premice KM Portal is not that easy.  We finally get a solution with the help of Flexso.  For that we develop on Eclipse a servlet that uses KM api to produce a JSON file.  But I guess that you can also use CMIS librairies (more complex) to finally produce a (kind of) JSON file.

Having the url of this Portal Servlet it is possible to connect to Web IDE using Hana Cloud Connector + Java EE 6 Web Profile https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?e5b39a5bbb571014a0cc9ab03ec94ebb.html  (check the neo-javaee6-wp-sdk-2.71.8.zip project under https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/).  Then you can build your mobile client to expose documents.

Best regards.

Vincent