cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU without HU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using SU(Box) when material is moved from SL01 after QA32 to Sl02.

So here while receiving the material from sl01 we want to make use of SU.

All picking will be done from SL02 via outbound delivery.

During picking user will scan TO and SU .

We are not implementing HU.

Is it is possible to make use of SU without HU ?

I have to take a decision now as i am working in Blueprint .

You are help is appreciated.

Regards,

Om

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it's possible, I have implemented a few WM modules with SU and without HU and of course all is working without problems.

Not sure I understood the specific process question, in transfer from SL01 to SL02, but there's nothing that can't be done with SU (except packing), so I could say youre free to go with only SU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji/Ganeshan

We are implementing WM just for FG.

I am new to SU and RF enviornment

Putaway process :

Well Goods is being received from non-wm sloc to wm managed sloc as FG.

During this process we are using a box as SU  in TO creation

User shall Scan SU,TO,Material,Batch,Bin label i.e barcode(Correct me if am going wrong)during TO confirmation and will complete putaway.

Picking Process :

Now i am stuck in Outbound process ! Do we need to print SU label ?

When we will create a TO for outbound delivery,shall we allow system to create SU ?

Because when user will go to the directed bin location ,user can get the su number created during putaway right ?

i.e all labels will be there in that box .

What is the standard practice ? Do we print need to print SU label during To creation for outbound delivery ?

Also we are not using HU during outbound process ?

Thnak you

Regards,

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Putaway process : User shall Scan SU,TO,Material,Batch,Bin label i.e barcode(Correct me if am going wrong)during TO confirmation and will complete putaway.

-----I don't think TO number is important, also if the SU number is there then your first screen should be scan SU number and then system should display the Material, Batch, Quantity on the next screen, worker needs to verify the information, if everything is fine then he should proceed for next screen where system should prompt to goto the destination bin. Once he reach the destination bin he will scan the destination bin upon successful scan TO / TO Line item gets confirmed internally

Picking Process : Now i am stuck in Outbound process !

Do we need to print SU label ? When we will create a TO for outbound delivery,shall we allow system to create SU ? Because when user will go to the directed bin location ,user can get the su number created during putaway right ? i.e all labels will be there in that box . What is the standard practice ? Do we print need to print SU label during To creation for outbound delivery ? Also we are not using HU during outbound process ? ---- SU label already there on the pallet you don't need to print once again, also 916 - Goods issue area is NON- SU managed area once you transfer the stock to 916 you will lost the identity of SU in system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Please check what i understand from your post  :

1.During Putaway for MatA below labels shall be printed & scanned

SU label

Material label

Batch label

Quantity label

Bin(Dest) label

2.During Picking of MatA below labels shall be printed & scanned:

TO number

Regards,

OM

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to generate only one label (SU label) which will contain, storage unit number, Material, Batch number, Quantity and destination bin (if required) The above mentioned field are minimum basic requirement which I can think however every client is having different requirement hence you need to check with your client and accordingly design your form. Please go through with the below mentioned standard SAP link for detail  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/c6/f847944afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm?frameset=/... with regard to picking only TO detail on RF or physical paper should be enough (no generation of any label) again it depend on your client specific business process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish !

U understand with putaway process.

But again have one doubt with picking part.

I can get the transfer order in RF queue but do i have to scanning any thing during TO confirmation ?

Regards,

OM

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

During picking system will direct the worker to go to Source bin and scan the bin if the full pallet requirement is there then system should prompt to scan the SU, worker will scan the SU, match the material quantity , batch what is displayed on the RF screen and what is there physically upon confirmation next screen should direct the worker to drop the pallet to Goods issue area(916)

In standard SAP we have RF T-code (LM05,LM06 & LM07) for picking. Have a look on that whether it is meeting your client requirement if not then you have to go with custom RF screen design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks manish !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

We are planning to print below SU label after TO creation for Putaway:

Is it Possible ?

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course it's possible.
Just use standard printing customizing in OMLV.
You will need to adjust the standard label to match your design.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mihailo,

For this sort of printing what shall be used label or A4 size paper ?

I mean what is the best practice ?

Regards,

Om

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wouldn't it make some sense to went out into the warehouse and look at the SU physically to know how big it is and if A4 sized paper could be attached to it?

Shouldn't this info come from an experienced warehouse manager as part of a functional spec?

What if the box is just as big as a cigarette box?

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have industrial printers (Intermec, Zebra, Datamax etc.) it's best to print on labels (PVC if you store materials outside, or paper if you store them inside).
And if you don't have industrial printers you can do it on A4 size paper, but if you store goods outside you might need to protect your printout since it will tear if it gets wet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I agree  you.

But thing is i am looking to print below fields in one label(sheet) :

SU

TO

Mat

batch

qty

bin

Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a quick google picture search took me to this site: Warehouse Labels

and see how big the labels are shown and they have much more info on it.

It all depends on your local needs. Shall it be readable easily by humans from 20 meters distance, or is it okay from 1 meter only? Will people scan the wrong bar code if it is close together on a small label?

I am not sure what you want with a TO number and a bin on a SU label. During its life cycle a SU can have been moved several times and would then have many TOs and many bins or you would need new labels with each movement. Don't mix TOs and SU labels, these are quite different things.

The bin label has to be on the bin but not at the SU itself,  the TO number will show on your RF device as an order for the warehouse  worker, this info is meaningless on the label

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen  for correcting me.

What i have understand from your post is :

During Putaway below fields  shall be printed  with SU:

SU Barcode/Human readable

Material Barcode/Human readable

Batch Barcode/Human readable

Qty Barcode/Human readable

Because material,match & qty barcode can be useful during bin to bin transfer,PI etc.

I hope above fields are sufficient for all other operation via RF.

Regards,

Om

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Om,

I think this would be possible to have this. Because I have seen lot of cases where SU were used without HU in the outbound deliveries.

Hence, if you want packing functionality then you would consider implemeting HU as well.

Thanks & regards,
Balaji