cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standar LiveCache User

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am right now doing an upgrade from SCM 4.0 and LiveCache 7.4.3 to SCM 5.0 to LiveCache 7.6.00 and also from 32 bit to 64 bit (IA 32 to AMD 64)

I have migrated my scm 4.0 to AMD 64. And upgraded my LiveCache 7.4.3 to 7.5.0 build 44. I am able to see the LiveCache 7.5 from LC10. But, I am getting error message "Cannot open SQL connection to LiveCache LCA". And when I execute any of the LiveCache related APO transactions, it says, "No link to LiveCache". When I looked at the dev_w0 log file, it says, the SAPR3 user name and password that I had mentioned for the standard live cache user as unknown user name password combination. I tried, other username passwords also. Is there anyway to retrieve the password. By the way, how to look at the list of available standard livecache users? Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP Standard Users for liveCache Database::

dbm ( Database Manager operator ) user - CONTROL( default password - control );

SYSDBA (UserDatabase System Administrator) User - SUPERDBA ( default password - admin);

Database administrator for the SAP system with the ID <SAPSID>

(database user of the type DBA) - SAP<SAPSID> or SAPR3( default password - sap);

MAXDB documentation available at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/maxdb,

Please review the information in MaxDB Library -> Basic Information

-> MaxDB Security Guide -> User Administration and Authentication

< -> Changing the Passwords of Standard Users >

-> Please review the SAP notes 877203 & 25591.

In your case < As I understood you have 7.5.0 build 44 liveCache version>:

-> Please update with the output of the following commands:

dbmcli -d <LC-SID> -n <LC-server> -u control,control

<enter>

dbmcli on <LC-SID>>user_getall

dbmcli on <LC-SID>>user_get control

dbmcli on <LC-SID>>user_get superdba

dbmcli on <LC-SID>>db_state

dbmcli on <LC-SID>>sql_connect superdba,admin

dbmcli on <LC-SID>>sql_execute select * from users

dbmcli on <LC-SID>>exit

If the liveCache is online => you will be able to have the sql session

as SYSDBA user & see the all liveCache users in table users.

Please post this question to the forum MAXDB/liveCache if you have questions

about MAXDB or liveCache!!

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for your prompt response. I am attaching below the output of the dbmcli command requested by you. I have noticed a significant show stopper for this project yesterday. I don't know how to take this further. Here is what is happening.

1. As I had mentioned earlier, our client is currently running on SCM 4.0 and LiveCache 7.4.3 build 40. But, what I have noticed recently is, they have been running on SCM 4.0 (NON-UNICODE) and LiveCache 7.4.3 (UNICODE - UTF8). Below is the output from both the existing and newly built LiveCache's. Existing on top and new at the bottom:

C:\>dbmcli -d LCP -n apoprod -u control,control dbm_version

OK

VERSION = 7.4.3

BUILD = DBMServer 7.4.3 Build 040-123-097-729

OS = WIN32

INSTROOT = C:\SAPDB\LCP\DB

LOGON = False

CODE = UTF8

SWAP = full

UNICODE = YES

INSTANCE = LVC

SYSNAME = Windows.net

C:\>dbmcli -d LCP -n bwqa -u control,control dbm_version

OK

VERSION = 7.5.0

BUILD = DBMServer 7.5.0 Build 044-123-149-413

OS = WIN32

INSTROOT = C:\SAPDB\LCP\DB

LOGON = True

CODE = UTF8

SWAP = full

UNICODE = YES

INSTANCE = LVC

SYSNAME = Windows Server 2003 family

I don't know how, the existing setup with a combination of ASCII Application with UNICODE LiveCache have been doing great for them. All I did is build a new SCM 4.0 with a 6.40 Kernel (Currently they are on 6.20) and migrate the database from existing to the newly built. SCM 4.0 is working great as for as I know. The same way, I took a complete back up of LiveCache 7.4.3 build 40 (UNICODE) from a 32 bit box to another 32 bit box. For some reason, build 40 threw an error message that, unable to load LIBPCR.DLL. From your other thread responses and few other's respsonses, I found the soulution for that error message is client upgrade. So, I upgraded the client build from 40 to 49 which was released couple of days ago.That didn't resolve the problem either. It threw the same error message. Then, I realized the problem could be with 32 bit and 64 bit hardware (AMD). I realized probably the only possible way to gain compatibility between IA 32 and x64 is by upgrading the Livecache server from 7.4.3 to 7.5. So, I upgraded the DBMGUI first then, I upgraded the server on IA32 box from 7.4.3 to 7.5 build 44. At this point after doing a server upgrade when I did a 'SDBINST -l' command, I found certain packages haven't upgraded to build 44 yet. Like, Kernel, DB Analyzer, etc. So, I manually upgraded the build for individual packages. After that, I upgraded the livecache client on the SCM 4.0 x64 box with x64 MAXDBART-xxxx client build 44.

After this, both the server started communicating with each other. Ofcourse, they did communicate or see each other with the previous 7.4.3 version on both the boxes. But, with the new upgrade, the 'uable to load LIBPCR.DLL' error message is no more seen. But, this is when I got the username password mismatch for Standard Livecache user. And I resolved that using one of your other thread responses. That was very useful. Here is what I did following your other thread.

1. I upgraded from 7.4.3 to 7.5 using inplace upgrade which means the upgrade did not do anything with the data or the structure. It just upgraded the software. This information I read from the upgrade manual.

NOTE: AT THIS POINT I DID A DBMCLI PARAM_DIRECTPUT UNICODE NO and DBMCLI PARAMDIRECTPUT DEFAULT_CODE ASCII. THIS I DID FOLLOWING A NOTE THAT TALKS ABOUT POST UPGRADE ACTIVITIES ON 7.5.

2. After this, I got few error messages. So, I wanted to do a fresh install and recover. This is when I followed your other thread response. I did a new install from DBMGUI 7.6. I got a message, instance already there would I want to reinstall. I checked the checkbox and went ahead. It created the instance with the existing parameters. Then it took me to instance recovery. Where I pointed it to the the backup I took with 7.4.3 build 40. It recovered completely and asked me to reboot. When I hit the restart button. It threw an 'error: 0" message. After which, I had to manually start the instance.

3. At this point when I do a dbmcli to get_alluser, it responded with an error message "No table 'USERS' found. And also, when I hit any of the administration buttons in the DBMGUI, it would ask for username password and sometimes would error out and sometimes would respond correctly.

4. I didn't have access to SUPERDBA, admin either, at this point. This is when I followed your instructions from the other thread. I did the below steps:

dbmcli -s -d LCC -u control,control db_state

dbmcli -d LCC -u control,control

<enter>

dbmcli on LCC>db_admin

dbmcli on LCC>db_activate superdba,admin

< load the system tables when liveCache will be online... >

dbmcli on LCC>load_systab -u superdba,admin

5. I was able to execute all the above steps successfully and after loading system tables, I got the message 'Installation Successful' at the end.

6. After this, I found an error message in LC10 when I tried to stop and start the LiveCache. The message said, I have SAPLCP as the user in the UDC file and I had mentioned SUPERDBA as the user in the 'integration maintenance'. So, I went to DBMGUI and under the section Configuration -> Database Users, I created the user SAPLCP. Went back to LC10 -> Tools -> DBMCLI -> user-sap saplcp, password. It returned with OK.

7. Now, I changed the user ID in the Integration data from SUPERDBA to SAPLCP. It worked fine this time. I used to get 'No Link to LiveCache' error message whenenver I execute any of the \SAPAPO\ transactions. But, this time, they didn't throw any error message.

At this point, I thought we are ready to test the server. So, handed over the server to our APO Business Analyst. When he tried to execute his transactions, he got an ABAP Dump:

Runtime Error DBIF_DSQL2_SQL_ERROR

Exception CX_SY_NATIVE_SQL_ERROR

An exception occurred. This exception is dealt with in more detail below

. The exception, which is assigned to the class 'CX_SY_NATIVE_SQL_ERROR', was

neither

caught nor passed along using a RAISING clause, in the procedure

"/SAPAPO/OM_TS_SIMSESSION_CONTR" "(FUNCTION)"

Since the caller of the procedure could not have expected this exception

to occur, the running program was terminated.

Now, I thought, this error message could be because I converted the CODE from UNICODE to ASCII (Because, all the data before migration were in UNICODE). So, I changed them back to what it was (DEFAULT_CODE UNICODE and _UNICODE YES). This time, it threw a couple of error message in LC10 when I hit on LiveCache Monitoring button and it would end up saying 'Unable to open SQL connection to LCA LiveCache'.

I really don't know what exactly to do. Because, it throws error message either ways, Unicode or ASCII. Please help me out. As this message is already dumped with lots of information, I will post the outputs of DBMCLI command you requested in the following message.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Natalia,

Here is the output of the dbmcli commands you had asked for before:

C:\>dbmcli -d LCP -n bwqa -u control,control

dbmcli on bwqa : LCP>user get_all

ERR

-24977,ERR_COMMAND: unknown command "user"

---

dbmcli on bwqa : LCP>user_getall

OK

CONTROL

superdba

DOMAIN

---

dbmcli on bwqa : LCP>user_get control

OK

SERVERRIGHTS=DBInfoRead,SystemCmd,ExecLoad,UserMgm,DBFileRead,Backup,InstallMgm,

LoadSysTab,ParamCheckWrite,ParamFull,ParamRead,DBStart,DBStop,Recovery,AccessSQL

,AccessUtility

GUIRIGHTS=

SECONDPASSWORD=NO

DISABLED=NO

COMMENT=

USERTYPE=DBM

---

dbmcli on bwqa : LCP>user_get superdba

OK

SERVERRIGHTS=DBInfoRead,SystemCmd,ExecLoad,UserMgm,DBFileRead,Backup,InstallMgm,

LoadSysTab,ParamCheckWrite,ParamFull,ParamRead,DBStart,DBStop,Recovery,AccessSQL

,AccessUtility

GUIRIGHTS=

SECONDPASSWORD=NO

DISABLED=NO

COMMENT=

USERTYPE=DBA

---

dbmcli on bwqa : LCP>db_state

OK

State

---

dbmcli on bwqa : LCP>sql_connect superdba,admin

OK

---

dbmcli on bwqa : LCP>sql_execute select * from users

OK

END

'SUPERDBA';'';'SUPERDBA';'SYSDBA';'MULTIPLE';(null);(null);(null);'DEFAULT';'200

70418';'00084330';'20070418';'00084423';'20070418';'00084330';'LCP';'bwqa.wmhtoo

lgroup.com';10;(null)

'SUPERDBA';'';'DOMAIN';'DBA';'MULTIPLE';(null);(null);(null);'DEFAULT';'20070418

';'00084422';'20070418';'00084424';'20070418';'00084422';'LCP';'bwqa.wmhtoolgrou

p.com';11;(null)

'SUPERDBA';'';'SYSDBANA';'RESOURCE';'MULTIPLE';(null);(null);(null);'DEFAULT';'2

0070418';'00084422';'20070418';'00084422';'20070418';'00084422';'LCP';'bwqa.wmht

oolgroup.com';12;(null)

'SUPERDBA';'';'SYS';'DBA';'MULTIPLE';(null);(null);(null);'DEFAULT';'20070418';'

00084424';'20070418';'00084424';'20070418';'00084424';'LCP';'bwqa.wmhtoolgroup.c

om';13;(null)

'SUPERDBA';'';'SYSINFO';'RESOURCE';'MULTIPLE';(null);(null);(null);'DEFAULT';'20

070418';'00084427';'20070418';'00084427';'20070418';'00084427';'LCP';'bwqa.wmhto

olgroup.com';14;(null)

'SUPERDBA';'';'SAPLCP';'STANDARD';'MULTIPLE';(null);(null);(null);'DEFAULT';'200

70418';'00084617';'20070418';'00084617';'20070418';'00084617';'LCP';'bwqa.wmhtoo

lgroup.com';15;(null)

'SUPERDBA';'';'CONTROL';'ADMIN';'MULTIPLE';(null);(null);(null);'DEFAULT';'20070

418';'00084330';'20070418';'00084330';'20070418';'00084330';'LCP';'bwqa.wmhtoolg

roup.com';0;(null)

---

dbmcli on bwqa : LCP>exit

OK

---

C:\>

***************************************************************************************

Thank you.

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

From the last information I could tell you that you have the

liveCache user SAPLCP. Please check if you will be able to

Connect to the liveCache with sap password.

All other posted topics could be discussed later.

And the best will be, if you create the OSS ticket to 'BC-DB-LVC' component!

dbmcli -d LCP -n bwqa -u control,control

dbmcli on bwqa : LCP>sql_connect saplcp,sap

OK

dbmcli on bwqa : LCP>exit

=> Change the LCA/LDA connections for standard livecache user to

SAPLCP with password sap & save it in LC10-> integration ->

test the connection.

Thank you & best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for your prompt response. I am attaching below the output of the dbmcli commands requested by you. I have already placed a message with SAP. Since we have some problem with the saprouter SNC setup, we are not able to open the connection for them.

C:\>dbmcli -d LCP -n bwqa -u control,control

dbmcli on bwqa : LCP>sql_connect saplcp,sap

ERR

-24988,ERR_SQL: sql error

-4008,Unknown user name/password combination

---

dbmcli on bwqa : LCP>sql_connect saplcp,*********

OK

---

dbmcli on bwqa : LCP>

Note: The user SAPLCP does work. I know it is already working. That's what I have mentioned in my earlier messages. I created the user when I got an error message in LC10 that SAPLCP is there in the UPC file and not in the integration. The error message suggested me to create the SAPLCP user manually. And I did the same. Now, I have tried the following users and they are working:

Control, SUPERDBA, SAPLCP.

Thank you.

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Summary to your topics/questions:

-> The liveCache version 7.5 is supported for SCM 4.0. Please review the Release information at service.sap.com/liveCache

-> Release Information -> SCM 4.0

To run the liveCache upgrade on SCM 4.0 systems from 7.4.03 to 7.5 you need the upgrade CD & If you intend to upgrade to liveCache Version 7.5.0, you must read SAP Note 898080.

-> Please review the SAP Note No.

680556 - "DEFAULT_CODE = 'UNICODE' in liveCache for SCM 4.0"

_UNICODE Parameter for creating a UNICODE-compliant database

You can no longer change this database parameter after you have created

the database instance.

-> If you would like to convert your system to Unicode, and therefore you want to back up the liveCache data first so that you can reload it into the liveCache afterwards=> The procedure/steps in the following SP note are recommended::

632357 Backing up liveCache data for SCM 4.0

Run the dbm command 'param_getexplain _Unicode':

"

OK

_UNICODE = 'YES' or 'NO'

'YES': Identifiers of database objects are stored in UNICODE

'NO' : Identifiers of database objects are stored in ASCII

After the installation of the SERVERDB this parameter can only be modified

from "NO" to "YES" by using a special tool.

"

-> If you would like to migrate the liveCache to another operating system and therefore you want to back up the liveCache data first so that you can reload it into the liveCache afterwards. < for Heterogeneous liveCache copy procedure/steps >

The procedure/steps in the following SP note are recommended::

632357 Backing up liveCache data for SCM 4.0

-> As you know, you have to make sure that the lcinit script works with the correct Standard liveCache user 'SAPLCP' =>you should run the commands to check the

liveCache user in the upc container:

In a dbmcli session (e.g. in LC10 )

>sql_execute user-type=SAP select user from dual

Should return this user.

When an error returns ( unknown user/password ),

then no user is set.

To set the 'SAPLCP' user run:

dbmcli -d LCP -n <server-LC> -u control,control user_sap saplcp,<pwd>

( please see the SAP note 616555 for more details ).

in an dbmcli session. This sets the new user in the upc container.

After that the above command should return saplcp.

-> For SAP liveCache documentation in English < See the SAP note 767598 >:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f2/0271f49770f0498d32844fc0283645/frameset.htm

Please let me know the OSS message number!!

Please update the OSS ticket with your contact phone number, we could discuss your problems on the phone in case if there are no connection to your system via OSS could be open.

If you already opened an official message, please either raise the priority of it, if the case is urgent, or please be patient.

More on this can be found at "Rules of Engagement":

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/Rules%20of%20Engagement

Thank you & best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Natalia,

Sorry for the delayed response. In the meantime, I got it resolved to some extent. I tried upgrading the Runtime (client) version upto 49 and it still was showing me the unable to load the 'LIBPCR' precompiler. So, I upgraded the LiveCache server to 7.5.00 build 44 and the client on the SCM 4.0 machine to the same version and build (Remember LiveCache and SCM are in two different boxes with LiveCache on a 32 bit OS and SCM on a 64 bit OS - AMD64). This time it didn't work either.

Then I found the problem to be that I have been updating the patch for LiveCache instance using the 'SDBINST' command rather than 'SDBUPD'. And I also found that build 44 is not the right combination for SCM 4.0 and LC APPS 4.00.22. So, instead of updating the LiveCache from 7.5.00 build 35 to build 44, I just left at build 35. Now, on the 64 bit SCM server, I need to upgrade the client as well. I tried using SDBUPD. But, it didn't work that way. And moreover, there was no Build 35 precompiler available for 64 bit version. So, I installed the MAXDB build 44 client and installed with 'SDBINST'. This time, it's working fine. I am able to make both of them talk to each other. But, I facing some consistency problem.

[To give you little more background on the database copy, I copied the SCM 4.0 database two weeks back and I copied the complete backup of LiveCache taken yesterday from the current production box and restored it on upgrade box LiveCache.]

I have also created a OSS message with 'HIGH' priority as we are totally awaiting to get this LiveCache box ready so that we can finish the PREPARE phase. So, that we can download the data from LiveCache to SCM successfully before the upgrade. The OSS message number is - '0000351062/2007'. It would be really helpful if you can help me resolve this problem.

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All I had to do is, on the LiveCache server, install 7.4.03 build 40. Use MAX DB 7.6 to do a recover with initialization (One of the notes would have mentioned, you should used the same version of DBMGUI as your LiveCache - atleast the first two places in your version number). But, you would get initialization with recovery only from 7.6 dbmgui).

It worked perfect after I initialized with recover using 7.6 and later upgraded the livecache to 7.5.00 build 35. Also, it worked only if I install the client MAXDB 7.5.00 build 44. It didn't work with build 35.

One other reason my previous installation didn't work because, I have been using SDBINST command to install patches. I must have used SDBUPD to do a patch upgrade. Once I used this command, it works like a charm.

Thank you.