cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do after installing my SAP test VMs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am self-studying SAP NetWeaver administration with an eye on writing the exam in the next couple of months. I've loaded up 3 VMs (Dev, QAS and PRD) with a DC and installed SAP NW 7.4 SR2 successfully. This in itself was an interesting process as I ran into a number of issues which I hope will aid me further!

What I'd like to know is the following please:

1. What do I need to in order to configure the 3 VMs as proper SAP Development, QAS and PRD environments? Do I need to install additional applications?

2. What is good practice in this environment? Shutting down SAP as per documentation? Running upgrades? etc.

3. With the 3 VMs set up, what do I do next? Set up users? Install the SAP GUI on the DC etc?

Basically looking for some pointers on where to go from here. I have access to all the training material and can now run the commands and see what they do, but some guidance would be great.

Thanks!

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

For the NW Admin exam you don't need to have 3 system landscape as training systems.

Instead you need an ABAP and a JAVA system. You can install one ERP and one NW JAVA. There are questions about JAVA systems also in admin exams.

For the all topics check the training.sap.com page and search for the exam code. Here is an example page link for C_TADM53_70 SAP Certified Technology Associate - System Administration (MS SQL DB) with SAP NetWeave...

In this page you can see the percentages of the topics for the exam. Start from the top one and study the topics.

You can see links of blogs etc at the bottom of the page for preperation.  eg: How to Prepare for a Certification Exam in 5 Simple Steps

For some exams ther could be link for sample questions also.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect, thanks...this jumped the gun on my certification questions and glad I have them now.

I will uninstall SAP from 1 of the VMs and load as a Java instance, and then load ABAP+Java on the other...my question though is what to do from there?

Do I set up a test user? Do I just go with the study guides and run commands and reports etc?

Thanks!

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

When you install an SAP system there are standart users DDIC and SAP* with full authorization (SAP_ALL profile).

You can use one of them or you can copy a test user for yourself from DDIC.

If you see training.sap.com page for the exam, you could see the course names (like TADM10, TADM12) for the topics as seen below picture.

You need to obtain those course books (in pdf form usually) in order to study exam. If you schedule for a course they will give you the books.

In those books there are exercises that need a user to work with. There you can use those users.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig!

You can use the transactions:

SU01 to create yourself (add sap_all profile to you)

SCCL and SCC4 to create some clients (for example 100 in DEV, 300 in QAS and 700 in PRD). It is a bad practice to work in 000 client.

SE06 and SCC4 to setup the client changes (for example 100 change allow, client type Development, 300 change disallowed, client type - QAS, 700 - change disallowed, client type - Production.

STMS is for creating the landscape. The programs is developing in 100 client, releases in se01 and transporting to 300 client, and after testing it transports to 700 client.

SPAD for creating a printer

PFCG for creating a roles

ST03n, DBACKCKPIT, ST02, SM50 for performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much, will check those out.

Would I use the SAP GUI to admin the servers (I ended up taking the advice to have Java and ABAP servers, and will do a dual-stack installation too) or another admin tool?

Is there any way to simulate workloads on the 2 systems, or does the exam not cover that? I was looking at doing the Academy courses for SQL.

I've installed the SAP GUI 7.40 on another VM, and that's as far as I have got for now.

Thanks!