cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project builder giving error CJ 654 (information message)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

could anyone suggest solution on occuring new issue as we have project whether some of wbs is locked so when anyonce create a milestone or other wbs project builder produce information message as class CJ* & number 654. its standard information message i want ot avoid this like it shold not come at the time of saving project .

this is on urgent basis so provide your input thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Finally i get it resolved by remove the auto-substitution check box for concern project profile.:)

Regards,

Sanjeev

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But now your substitutions are not running.  Isn't that a problem?

Perhaps you need to modify the substitutions.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Good finding so your comments are ture:)

but user is accepting this so no issue.

Regards,

Sanjeev

tejpal_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Its good that issue is resolved but its like formatting PC for small bug, instead of removing all substitutions from Project pls try to find which exact substitution rule you need to change(PS/FI side).

As in future you may require to add some substitutions rule for that Project Profile, so this problem will get initiated again.

Regards,

Tejpal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev,

is it a genuine case that out of 5, 2 WBS are locked? if so then you have to live with the information message.  If WBS locked is not a genuine case then you know what to do. SM04.

Its always better living with the issue than bending the system to business requirement if change is not critical.

Pravin.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you open a project in CJ20N it will lock all of the objects and prevent another user from making changes.  This is standard behavior.

You will need to train users to open in display mode to prevent locking.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ken,

Good pick...now its for Sanjeev to confirm.

Regards

Terence

tamim_elmahmah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev,

Yes, in addition to training as suggested by Ken, You can ask them to change the CJ20N options so projects will be opened automatically in display mode, not in change mode

Go to Settings-->Options

And then choose "Display" instead of "Change"

Regards

Tamim

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

May be previos i am not able to addressing the issue to all of you

but let me elaborate more on it as we have 5 wbs two are locked from them. so now logistic user want to create milestone/any other kind of changes and goiting for save system populated standard message CJ* & number 654.

above trick we have applied but result is not expected every time system populated messaged CJ* & number 654.

Even i have raised a OSS to SAP so meanwhile i was checking with you expert

Regards,
Sanjeev

tejpal_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

You said its Information Message , not error message.

So why are you worried?

However using Message Control in SAP we can change category of some standard messages (like Error, Warning, Switch off).

Please check whether your message have such facility to change.

Regards,

Tejpal.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you saying the WBS are still locked even after the users have left the transaction?

Check locked tables with SM12.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev,

Did you just mention you have 5 WBS and only 2 are locked in same project?

Regards

Vittal

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tejpal,

yes i can understand what you want to say but user want to stop that, message create confusion like that so.

Regards,
Sanjeev

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no no Ken, issue is not like you understood. as we have 5 wbs and two are set as locked fine

then user create milestone and save

so at the time of saving project system populated information message as wbs xxxxxxx is locked with green light which is standard but user say it should not come it create confusion like that.

Hope now you understand?

Regards,
Sanjeev

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes correct

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have 2 WBS with System Status LKD, yes?

Then users are trying to attach milestones to these WBS or making other changes and the system is not stopping them until they try to save?  Is that the problem?

They don't like the Green Light? 

tejpal_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Issue is that, user can able to do changes to rest 3 WBS & able to save correctly.

However while saving they just get information message saying 2 WBS are locked which is normal & we usually avoid.

But being End User they get confused and they don't want any such message while saving Project.

@Sanjeev:

User are ready to use CJ02 or other T-codes to change only specific WBS.

else take Help from Technical team whether they can do enhancement & swift off this message.

have you checked "Message Control" functionality?

Regards,

Tejpal.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is a standard message tied to the System Status and can't be turned off.

Teach them to only open the single WBS in CJ20N rather than the whole project if they want to avoid the message.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,
now i think you got my issue but by one wbs to open is not solving their issue i have suggested even tested byself still system populated information message:(

Regards,
Sanjeev

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have already check with tech team for this as they said like can not do as it's standard program so.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Please check below TCODEs:

OBA5

OBMSG

and SE91

check if this message is present or not. if not than try in dev system to create and change to switch off.

thanks

Sunil

tejpal_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

As said in earlier chat, try Control Message functionality,

Sunil has also suggested same.

Regards,

Tejpal

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

yes this message is there but unable to switch off still system is populating this kind of message

Regards,
Sanjeev

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP wrote in solution as this is due to FI substitution rule while i have checked PS substitution rule only one rule we are using which is not related to FI.

even i have tested after remove substituion rule but still getting information.

Regards,
sanjeev

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Have you checked whether there is any WBS element with incorrect status, this note came to my mind, check whether this is useful

170948 - Status inconsistency in work breakdown structure

Regards

Terence

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sap note was very nice but it would be applycable on without locked status project masterdata.