cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to gryed out some part of characteristics master.

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi VC Team,

We have some numeric characteristic in which we have to define length and decimal place.

As we know that is the  most sensitive part of the characteristics master,

In CT04 user can open that characteristic and change decimal place and length of the characteristics.

Once user change it, we can increase it but we can not reduce it.

How can I prevent this kind of situation. I don't want to touch some users that sensitive part of master data.

How?

Please guide me here.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

keyur mistry,

You can also refer document created by Krishna Mohan, I am giving link below. This is a case study about the general requirements related to Authorizations in Classification Component. Solution for these requirements is explained in detail with examples. You will definitely like it and it may help you solving your issue.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0d22ea5-7643-2c10-97a1-fd9e6e568...

Check and reply.

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Guys,

I am still searching some solution on same.

Can some one guide SHDO is useful for the Master data restriction? (Display, Hide grayed out)

Any one did the same?

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

keyur mistry,

My suggestion is only people who know what they are doing should have authorizations to create or change important master data like creating characteristic, and as per my experience in any project , only well experienced or well trained people get this responsibility.

If I have been at your place i would have emphasis more on controlling it through process and training instead of creating customization or hard restrictions.

Thanks

Ritesh

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

@ Ritesh,

I respect your answer we have last option to do same what you told.

Actually this mistake happesn by our new joinee who have rights to change characteristics data.

Change happen in numeric characteristics length of the characteristics, which can increase but not reduce. System will not allow to reduce it.

This change impact on all numeric calculation and all open order become inconsistence.

As you know we can change same without ECM or from background table level.

Right now we do not have ECM and I won't prefer always go to table level and change the data.

So we have decided to keep some restriction by making new t-code for Cstics master in which they can not change this sensitive filed.

They have to work on master data change so we can not complete restriction on using Cstics master but some part of master data we can restrict.

We have tried with the SHD0 too but not success in same. so that's what my question was any one has used. Is it really compatible for master data?

I really respect your valuable suggestion and like read you always.

I just want to keep open this thread one more week to wait some valuable input from any VC masters, after that I will close the same.

Thank You.

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to VC team,

@ Ritesh,

Above given document is not suitable in my case because of the following reason.

1. Role Authorization is not able to do customize changes in particular field of the characteristics master.  Ex - I can not grayed out some filed in this case, or can't hide complete field.

@ Everyone

Here I have question to every one Any one used SHD0 concept before for the characteristics.

Is it really SHD0 concept is useful in the case of classification master.

We never used this concept for the master data b4. Can any one please give some light on same.

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keyur ,

In the characteristic basic data there is a option called authorization group

you can create authorization group and can assign to it

for more related to authorization object please check below link

Authorization Objects - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

Reagrds

Ramesh

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

let me try. I will get back to you soon.

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keyur,

I think you should manage it with Authorization Roles: users shall only be authorized to display charactiristic master data (CT04 - Display), and not be able to modify it (CT04 - Change).

Hope this could help.

Bye,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keyur,

You can maintain a transaction variant (SHD0) where in you can specify whether the fields are optional or display only.

Regards,

Harshad

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Apart from SHD0 and Authorization matrix.

Any option we have for the filed selection of master data (Cstics).

As we have for the customer master.

If any pls suggest.