cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion File is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is requirement to covert cost center  ID into BPC format. But a simple conversion say 1000 to abc itself is not working.

Below are the details of transformation/ Conversion file that I am using while loading the cost center Master Data.

Transformation :

Conversion File:

After Import master data, conversion didn't happen :

Transformation file and Conversion file validated successfully and after importing the cost center master data, conversion didn't happen.

Can anyone suggest where I am making mistake?

Thanks,

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Try to load id and description separately.Your transformation file applicable only for id not for description.Try to load costcenter text data to BPC description.

Khokan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khohan,

At present there is no text in my cost center infoobject and I am loading on ID.

Thanks,

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Change the conversion Mapping in Row number 17 as  "ID=COSTCNTR.xls!Conversion file sheet name"

Khokan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khokan,

I  changed the Line 17 to "ID =COSTCNTR.xls" and it worked.

But in the standard SAP document the format to use conversion file is

Dim_Name=[Team_Name]path\ConversionfileName.xls!sheet_Name

I used in this format only but it didn't worked. Is that information is documented somewhere in sap document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Which example you are see in sap document this conversion mapping applicable for transaction data only.When we are loading transaction then we give mapping in transformation file dimension name = Bw object name, so conversion file mapping we mentioned dimension name,but when we talking about master data load, we map properties not dimension name if you read sap standard document carefully then you can find the conversion file example for master data loading.

Khokan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I searched but couldn't find the relevant stuff separately for transaction & master data. If you have please share it.

But you are absolutely right, while loading master data we map the properties only.

Thanks for you help

Bharat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

What is P_MATERIAL in line 26 of transformation file?

Best Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry by mistake I put the wrong Snapshot:

Correct one are here:

Location of Conversion File :